Oasis of the Seas Star Loft- 1718 or 1720?

30 minutes ago, AndrewKozak said:

Got an amazing deal to upgrade from the UPS (no balcony, but Star Class) to a Star Loft -- with both available, which one do you prefer? 
Thanks!
Can't wait for our trip!

Sounds like a upgrade especially when you had a room with no balcony. We have stayed in these cabins numerous times well before and after Star Class existed.

Quick nutshell, if you like privacy 1718 is the cabin for you. 1720 has the view of the mini golf and flowrider etc. but if you are a people watcher it would be the cabin for you. If you don’t get the choice, I’d take either over the UPS.

We personally like 1720 as we think the room has a better layout than 1718.  Just a better use of space but that’s us. Both rooms will have the same stewards so there is no advantage that way. The same can be said for any of the SLS on Oasis, Allure, Harmony and Symphony.  If you want a meal on your balcony in 1720, rarely do people look up at you from deck 15. They are adjoining cabins but really the only thing you occasionally hear is the neighbours toilet flush. 

If you are a light sleeper use towel clips to pin your curtains shut at night as they are exceptionally tall. We also use a washcloth to cover over the one stair light that shines all night. There is a safe upstairs and one downstairs. If I remember correctly the loft TV is solid mounted and doesn’t lower from the ceiling. If it has been changed just be mindfully that you don’t walk into it in the darkness of night.  Bring your own hairdryers as they are needed compared to the ship’s ones. 

Either way you will have a great time and have a blast. Any questions, let me know and hopefully I can help answer them. 

I definitely recommend the deck 17 aft suites on Oasis class. We spent a week in a Crown Loft that overlooked the basketball court (on the starboard side) and even with that, noise was never a problem for us, even when full-on competition was going on the court. The Deck 17 suites are two (and three) decks up from all of the aft activity, so it's not really "that close". By saying this, I'm just suggesting that if you like to spectator-sport, even that corner suite 1720 might not be bad. From the corner or aft-facing suites you could watch whatever is going on down there, and you can even get a squinty view of one of the big screens in the Aqua Theater. But like I said, you can also shut all of it out as you like, the noise and the view.

Edited by Moonarino
minor phrase-edits

I like the side facing ones which are much quieter than the aft.  Its all personal preferance.  If you like people watching and flowrider, golf, zip line than aft for sure.  If you like side facing and ocean views than side for sure.  Both great rooms!

• Like 1