Upgrades

Slyfox16

2 hours ago, jwattle said:

I would call again; get someone else...for an upgrade you should be able to throw them some $$ :).

Also, if you are inside of 30 days, try upgradeoffer@princesscruises.com

Wow, I used the email address, made an evidenced based compassionate plea and got a free balcony upgrade 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, devonuk said:

Wow, I used the email address, made an evidenced based compassionate plea and got a free balcony upgrade 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Very happy that it worked for you! 🥂

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LovetheSea said:

We got the upgrade Email offer this morning for our Discovery Aug 14 sailing.  We booked an inside months ago. Offered a Deluxe Balcony partially obstructed view . For $79.00 extra per person . We grabbed it!

Were there several cabins to choose from for the upgrade?

On 8/8/2022 at 1:56 PM, LovetheSea said:

I tried to upgrade to a more expensive cabin. It was the price they posted on their website. They said it was for NEW bookings only! Quoted me a price more than twice the price they showed. I am still in my original cabin I have had for months. I think the upgrade fairy is gone. Or she lost my Email? 🙂 Ha Ha

Ask how they would handle it if you simply cancelled and rebooked. That would be a "new" booking. At that point a supervisor should be able to give you the correct price.

I am very doubtful that any of our Fall voyages are going to drop below the price point we are now at.  As well, PCL has little incentive to have late price drops if they are basically sold out.  I have been thinking I might try the upsell approach on our final voyage since it is a single 14-nighter and I can see better Balconies opened up now after FP Date.  A big problem with out first voyages is they are B2B2B and highly unlikely to get same cabin throughout if attempt to make a change now.  We are content with what we did.

13 hours ago, LovetheSea said:

No cabin numbers Just said Deluxe Balcony obstructed for $79.00 or regular balcony obstructed for $59.

Thanks.  I always figure there's a reason some cabins are unsold and available for "upgrades" - location, location, location.  Once I select the perfect location - cabins above, below, and across the corridor - I want to stay put.  I have my reservation marked "no upgrades" and squeal like a pig stuck under a gate if I get moved.

• Haha 3