England Only cruises

NMTraveller

I was just wondering if England is still having their England only cruises?  I recall these being mentioned a year or so back.  We were looking at going to England due to the lifted Covid restrictions.  However if we could do the same on a cruise that would be even better.

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

I was just wondering if England is still having their England only cruises?  I recall these being mentioned a year or so back.  We were looking at going to England due to the lifted Covid restrictions.  However if we could do the same on a cruise that would be even better.

There has never been an England only cruise. Last year Celebrity had a series of cruises that included England, Scotland and Ireland. I think it's most unlikely Celebrity will reintroduce the 2021 itineraries . However there are a number of UK cruise lines that have similar cruise ranging from at the premium end SAGA (over 50's only), through mid range  Fred Olsen to the budget Ambassador Line.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, the penguins said:

There has never been an England only cruise. Last year Celebrity had a series of cruises that included England, Scotland and Ireland. I think it's most unlikely Celebrity will reintroduce the 2021 itineraries . However there are a number of UK cruise lines that have similar cruise ranging from at the premium end SAGA (over 50's only), through mid range  Fred Olsen to the budget Ambassador Line.

England, Scotland, and Ireland would be fine with me.  Just looking for a cruise that does not have all of the requirements and hoops to jump through.  Perhaps I will look at Fred Olsen or SAGA.  Thanks.

27 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

England, Scotland, and Ireland would be fine with me.  Just looking for a cruise that does not have all of the requirements and hoops to jump through.  Perhaps I will look at Fred Olsen or SAGA.  Thanks.

Princess also has a similar sailing.

• Like 1

They should do Yorkshire only cruises stopping at Scarborough, Filey and Bridlington. You Americans would find that a culture shock. We love those places by the way but they are very Yorkshire 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

A pleasure. SAGA is very much for the older generation, the joke being they have the midnight buffet at 2 in the afternoon. Fred Olsen recently bought one of HAL's older ships. Just do your research.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, the penguins said:

A pleasure. SAGA is very much for the older generation, the joke being they have the midnight buffet at 2 in the afternoon. Fred Olsen recently bought one of HAL's older ships. Just do your research.

SAGA could be the way to go if they have excursions for "slow walkers" or people that are not able to walk that far.  We have a couple in our group.

1 minute ago, NMTraveller said:

SAGA could be the way to go if they have excursions for "slow walkers" or people that are not able to walk that far.  We have a couple in our group.

We come in the slow walkers category which is why we always book private guides and share with one other couple. We also remove the lunch and shopping to leave time for coffee and cake breaks. The boss (Anita) says I should only book a SAGA cruise if I can afford the divorce that would follow and as we celebrated our Golden Wedding on  Eclipse in 2019 it is not a risk I am prepared to take.

• Like 1