Diamond Princess cruises from September 1, 2022 through November 13, 2022 booking Cancelled

Retirement2016

5 hours ago, CaliforniaDon said:

SUBSTITUTE TRIP POSTED 7 DAYS FROM REQUEST.

We selected an Oct 29th Mexico alternative to our 9/25 Coastal. We had our travel agent fill out the form, since we had meals and some onboard credits through her.

She sent the form on the day after the big announcement - last Wed.  She told us that she had submitted the form,  but we heard and saw nothing from Princess. Just the old trip data.

Today, exactly a week later, when checking the Princess site, the substitute trip, new booking number, and an unassigned cabin BD category (same as before) appeared and the old trip info is gone. - Our credits were moved correctly, plus the $100 per person extra, and our special meals were still in onboard reservations and the $7 bottled waters we bought were moved also.

No new booking confirmation yet, although that may come via our travel agent. We need to be sure that the insurance got moved, and the all-important drink package is still there.

If you can see the new cruise on the Princess web site, then you should also be able to see that the drink package is there. You should also be able to see the new booking number.

15 minutes ago, caribill said:

If you can see the new cruise on the Princess web site, then you should also be able to see that the drink package is there. You should also be able to see the new booking number.

And it should show up in the Travel Summary.

We got the FCC from both canceled cruises and ONE $100 OBC per person applied to our new cruise but we're still waiting on the other $100 OBC. We had two cruises booked that were canceled so even though we used the FCC from both for only one new cruise I think we should still get the $100 per person per canceled cruise. My CVP agrees and is working on it for me but still no news.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, toofewcruises said:

Still waiting on my FCC...

I'm still waiting too and for the refund to my credit card for the taxes.  My Sept. 1st cruise is still showing on my account on the website as if it were still sailing.  I suppose that it won't drop off until they get to issuing the FCC and the port tax refund.

18 hours ago, DavidsNana said:

I'm still waiting too and for the refund to my credit card for the taxes.  My Sept. 1st cruise is still showing on my account on the website as if it were still sailing.  I suppose that it won't drop off until they get to issuing the FCC and the port tax refund.

Same! 🙄

It is interesting that there are a lot of cabins available for the February Diamond sailing.  The rate has remained rather constant.  The Discovery is a larger ship with much more amenities, however, it is the same price.  However the Discovery is sailing from LA.  Diamond is lacking a true steakhouse (it is a section of the buffet), coffee area or an Alfredos.  

1 hour ago, Momma Rene said:

It is interesting that there are a lot of cabins available for the February Diamond sailing.  The rate has remained rather constant.  The Discovery is a larger ship with much more amenities, however, it is the same price.  However the Discovery is sailing from LA.  Diamond is lacking a true steakhouse (it is a section of the buffet), coffee area or an Alfredos.  

Before the cancellations I had already booked the Feb 11th cruise on the Discovery to 1 - try out the Discovery and 2 - get to Elite status before our big cruises for the next two years. Given the cancellations I'll still be short 2 credits now unfortunately but I am excited to experience the Discovery. From everything I've seen and read she seems like a beautiful and fun ship. But to replace out two cancelled cruises I ended up booking us on the Royal and even though I was super disappointed (and still am a little) about several of the changes I'm really glad about having the full Crown Grill, Alfredo's, International Cafe, AND Vines (which is not on the Discovery). And the Enclave which is one of my favorite things.

• Like 2

Our money that we paid for the Diamond has been transferred to our move-over booking,  but it is still showing a balance due. Apparently a different department has to wave the wand to enact the promised price protection 🤔.  I talked to my CVP, because final payment is due Aug 31.

On 8/11/2022 at 7:59 PM, fpsphil said:

Any word if they are being moved to Sapphire?

Sorry I was away. My contact moved to the Sapphire Saturday morning (08/20/22), I don't know if everyone moved to that ship. The Diamond will move to Long Beach and be at anchor for a while.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, shastatroy said:

Sorry I was away. My contact moved to the Sapphire Saturday morning (08/20/22), I don't know if everyone moved to that ship. The Diamond will move to Long Beach and be at anchor for a while.

Curiouser and curiouser

1 hour ago, californiagirl said:

Still waiting for my OBC...  My replacement cruise leaves a week from Sunday.

Sure hope you get your OBC problem settled before you go.  A few years ago we went onto the ship thinking we could show paper work and get problem settled.  Was told We would have to wait until we returned home and contact Princess Hq to get problem resolved because the ship could not solve the problem while on board. 

Good Luck\Bob

On 8/21/2022 at 3:47 PM, shastatroy said:

Maybe a new Quarantine ship, like the Crown was last year ?

On 8/19/2022 at 1:19 PM, rheathslc said:

Before the cancellations I had already booked the Feb 11th cruise on the Discovery to 1 - try out the Discovery and 2 - get to Elite status before our big cruises for the next two years. Given the cancellations I'll still be short 2 credits now unfortunately but I am excited to experience the Discovery. From everything I've seen and read she seems like a beautiful and fun ship. But to replace out two cancelled cruises I ended up booking us on the Royal and even though I was super disappointed (and still am a little) about several of the changes I'm really glad about having the full Crown Grill, Alfredo's, International Cafe, AND Vines (which is not on the Discovery). And the Enclave which is one of my favorite things.

If you want to get to Elite easily, Pacific Coastal cruises are an easy way, especially at 3-4 days, and especially if you go solo and get double credits. I also live within bus distance to Vancouver, so I only pay one-way cheap airfare. I also like being able to get a full day in Victoria on some coastals and to avoid the high taxes/fees on Alaska cruises now. You can take the Majestic in September to LA for 4 days for $199 for an inside, or $329 for a solo. My interests in cruising on Diamond is because it's the only 7-nt on any cruise line I've seen that visits La Paz and Loreto, and of course having worried family and friends express concern when I say I'm risking my life on the Covid Death Ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Still waiting for my FFC so I can apply it to an already booked cruise. I use a TA and they claim it will be coming. My TA has always been helpful in the past, but I sure hate having the ability to chat with Princess myself taken from me.

1 hour ago, rj59 said:

and of course having worried family and friends express concern when I say I'm risking my life on the Covid Death Ship. 

Ugh! So many people brought that up to me too. Which logical fallacy is that again?

4 hours ago, californiagirl said:

Still waiting for my OBC...  My replacement cruise leaves a week from Sunday.

Our replacement cruises leave in 12 days and have one set of OBC but are struggling to get to 2nd credit applied. We had the 1st AND 6th booked on the Diamond so it was two separate cruises and even though we applied both sets of FCC to one new cruise we should still get the OBC for both. 

10 hours ago, donswife said:

My DH was super excited about sailing on the original covid ship 😁. Now he is excited about going on a new ship (Discovery).

I am excited about the Discovery too. When I sail on her in February it will still technically be her inaugural season so we'll get the special medallions. Until now I've always sailed on ships that were already several years old so it'll be fun to experience basically a brand new ship. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RobinAnn said:

Still waiting for my FFC so I can apply it to an already booked cruise. I use a TA and they claim it will be coming. My TA has always been helpful in the past, but I sure hate having the ability to chat with Princess myself taken from me.

I just recently started using a TA who I met through a cruise FB group for several future cruises but the Diamond bookings we had were still with my CVP. Even though our new TA has been AMAZING so far I know it would have taken her a lot longer to get our switch to the Sept 3rd Royal sailing taken care of. And I don't love not being able to see the balance and make payments directly through Cruise Personalizer for our bookings that are with the TA. She DID get us several great cruises booked with much smaller deposits than Princess was offering. So that's nice. There's always going to be a trade off no matter which we use I think.

• Like 1

I got my OBC…via Live Chat.  It took 37 minutes.  The person helping me said that he needed a supervisor’s approval but they were all in a meeting so we could disconnect and he would make sure it was completed.  I said not acceptable, I’ve been down that road before without success.  2 minutes later the credit was in my account.  I’m sure the supervisor just needed to put in an override code.  

By this point it was the principle not the money involved.  I will never use my PVP again.  He has been so ineffectual.  I wish those of you who like yours could tell me their names.   My fingers are crossed for those of you who have either not received your FCC or OBC.  😊

• Like 3