Carnival Miracle obstructed view cabin question.

cruisingguy007

I booked an inside obstructed view cabin and paid more for it because all the videos and reviews said it was a great option with french doors that open up (good for occasional fresh air outs in these covid times) and just read a few comments that this is no longer the case. So which is it, did I waste my money booking this cabin category or do the cabins have a half balcony type deal that opens up?  

• Haha 1

I'm sure someone will be along in the morning as I get which ships in this category were redone. The one that has the french doors do not open up. Depending on the blockage you might have a little view but as you said it is obstructed. Better than a inside to me. They havent opened up in years. Time flys by so I dont remember how long ago. No fresh air. That's my memory. Depends how much extra you paid if it's worth it. 

Another ship in this class the french doors were converted, spirit? 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm sure someone will be along in the morning as I get which ships in this category were redone. The one that has the french doors do not open up. Depending on the blockage you might have a little view but as you said it is obstructed. Better than a inside to me. They havent opened up in years. Time flys by so I dont remember how long ago. No fresh air. That's my memory. Depends how much extra you paid if it's worth it. 

Another ship in this class the french doors were converted, spirit? 

Thanks. Everything I read about it said french doors, all the pictures and videos too. I guess it's just old information. We were pretty excited for that feature and it was a big reason for booking. Kind of blows but it is what it is. Just found out it's the last sailing before dry-dock also 🤦‍♂️. Not my finest booking to be sure lol.  

Edited by cruisingguy007

To be honest, if you didn't pay much more than an inside these rooms are awesome.

even when we didn't open the French door....spacious and natural light cabin. Book between lifeboats.

She has Windows not French doors you can open.

Edited by Velvetwater
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Floor to ceiling window now.  Splendid view of a lifeboat.  The biggest advantage is that the cabin space, layout is the same as the balcony cabins.  Couch, etc.

This is the one reason (the extra cabin space) I would be willing to pay a bit more for this cabin.  The natural light doesn't really matter to me either way - I'm only in my cabin to sleep for the most part.

We were just on Miracle last month - I think you will really enjoy the ship.  Even though we were sailing full, the common areas never felt crowded.  We could always find quiet place to relax or read (inside or out).  It was a little weird not having the big movie screen but overall a great ship/great crew.

• Thanks 1