New Princess Cruiser Questions

MattnTricia

Can anyone help me find a location with cruise Patters - We are sailing the Discovery Princess out of the Mexican Riviera over Thanksgiving. We would also be interested in other ships that have sailed this itinerary as we know DP has not sailed it yet and the current Alaska Patters may be different than the Mexican Riviera ones

Is there any set schedule for which nights are the formal nights and when lobster is served in the main dining room?

It looks like Princess will tender in Cabo like most other ships. We want to go to Sand Bar at Medano Beach for a massage. It says we arrive at 7AM.  Would it be realistic to make Sand Bar by 9AM including the tender and ferry to Medano from the Marina?

We are celebrating our anniversary on board. We are leaning towards a chops reservation. Any other suggestions to make the night special?

Thanks in advance

There will be two formal nights on a seven night cruise, never on the first or last nights. Lobster is usually available on the second night.

In Cabo, all cruise ships tender their passengers ashore. Depending on how busy the dock space is for the tenders, two hours after arrival may or may not be a good window. If you are the only ship in port that day, things will go smoothly. Passengers on Princess excursions will tender first along with suites and Elites followed by general tendering.

The discovery did this cruise last spring.  The formal nights were the first sea day and the 2nd to last day.  I don't know what night Lobster issince we avoid formal night at all costs.  I hate tendering.  Getting off in Cabo wasn't terrible.  Getting back takes forever.  2 hours might be pushing it.  

Formal nights should be Sunday/Monday and Thursday, Thanksgiving. One of these nights there should have lobster tail, probably the Sunday night. Thanksgiving should be the traditional turkey. There, of course, are other selections.

It takes a few hours to tender everyone ashore. If you wish to be in the early groups arrive at the tender ticket location early before it opens and stand in line. It will be crowded since the ship is only there until 1pm. Last tender would probably be scheduled to depart the pier around 12:30. There will also be long lines to take the tender back to the ship.

Taking the tender, then a ferry both ways does not look like you would have much time at your destination.

By Chops I assume you mean The Crown Grill. Make reservations in Dine My Way, payment due when you reserve. If you wish to use OBC then you have to wait until you are on board. Do this on boarding day.