Serenade of the Seas Alaska dress code

Reefexplorer3

We will be going on an early September Alaskan cruise and I need to start packing. My question is what do I need to pack for the main dining room. The last Alaskan Cruise we did was in 2011 on Princess and we overpacked for dining. Most people wore casual clothes. Trying to pack for cold weather and possibly warm weather and bringing jackets and raincoats, how much do people dress up for dining?  Thanks  for any information

Casual on Serenade !!! Don't over pack not necessary on any RCI ship or itinerary !!! We just did our 5th cruise this year so far on our favorite cruiseline.

We'll be doing Alaska again also on Serenade Sept 18th.

RCI's dress code doesn't change anywhere in the world...its the same all over, on all the ships. However, as commonly discussed here, due to the packing space requirements for colder areas, you will see people lean heavily towards the more casual side of the dress code to free up space for jackets, etc.

What do you consider dress clothes?  For me and hubby on an Alaska cruise: Dressy Docker pant, L/S dress shirt, Hawaiian short- sleeve shirt and loafers.  Me: Black pant, fancier top, and sling back low heel pump.  

For other nights: Jeans, collared polo shirt, L/S top with boat shoes and opened toed sandals.  

We are on Celebrity and have been on HAL.  

Edited by Dancing Shoes

On 8/9/2022 at 4:49 PM, Dancing Shoes said:

What do you consider dress clothes?  For me and hubby on an Alaska cruise: Dressy Docker pant, L/S dress shirt, Hawaiian short- sleeve shirt and loafers.  Me: Black pant, fancier top, and sling back low heel pump.  

For other nights: Jeans, collared polo shirt, L/S top with boat shoes and opened toed sandals.  

We are on Celebrity and have been on HAL.  

We’re on Serenade on September 11th, our first RCL cruise in 8 years. The last one was in the Caribbean and even then, it veered pretty casual, even on formal nights. I think you’ll be perfectly fine with what you listed, especially for Alaska— the European ports are often fancier and involve more hand-wringing about outfits. I’m packing a dress and flats for this one— something I often wear to work and feel comfortable in. My father is forgoing his tie and going with just the button-up and slacks, if that helps. We’ll save the dressing up for our Christmas cruise 😉

17 hours ago, thehowlingroad said:

We’re on Serenade on September 11th, our first RCL cruise in 8 years. The last one was in the Caribbean and even then, it veered pretty casual, even on formal nights. I think you’ll be perfectly fine with what you listed, especially for Alaska— the European ports are often fancier and involve more hand-wringing about outfits. I’m packing a dress and flats for this one— something I often wear to work and feel comfortable in. My father is forgoing his tie and going with just the button-up and slacks, if that helps. We’ll save the dressing up for our Christmas cruise 😉

We are just off Jewel Arctic Circle itinerary and it was very casual.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

We are just off Jewel Arctic Circle itinerary and it was very casual.

We got back from Norway/Iceland a few days ago on Princess and it was very formal on formal nights and relatively casual every other night. Then again, Princess has a clientele that often expects traditional dining and really formal night… RCL is more casual overall.