australia processing delay for visa approval

sage cruiser

does anyone have a phone number you can call to check on  visa  processing for australia for a us citizen we are a couple and one of us got approved quickly in 24 hours and we are waiting for the other- we applied  on july 19, 2022- getting anxious- we applied online rather than using the phone app- thanks

Did you actually apply through the Australian government? The usual way for a US visitor to apply is for an ETA visa, but this is only possible through the app. Which you said you didn't do.

You can apply for a regular visa online but it's not likely to be done so quickly and you can get the status, and it's more involved so would be unlikely if you only want an ETA. Hence a suspicion that you applied through an agent.

Without more details it's not possible to give a more specific answer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Did you actually apply through the Australian government? The usual way for a US visitor to apply is for an ETA visa, but this is only possible through the app. Which you said you didn't do.

You can apply for a regular visa online but it's not likely to be done so quickly and you can get the status, and it's more involved so would be unlikely if you only want an ETA. Hence a suspicion that you applied through an agent.

Without more details it's not possible to give a more specific answer.

i did not think i could use the ETA phone   app- had a misdemeanor  trespassing conviction -  30 plus years ago  should i do the ETA in addition- the new zealand visa came back approved quickly and i used their ETA app which had character questions in it-which i answered-  any thoughts are welcome

21 hours ago, sage cruiser said:

i did not think i could use the ETA phone   app- had a misdemeanor  trespassing conviction -  30 plus years ago  should i do the ETA in addition- the new zealand visa came back approved quickly and i used their ETA app which had character questions in it-which i answered-  any thoughts are welcome

I can't advise you what you should use, but the instructions for applying through the government are here. 

Subclass 601 Electronic Travel Authority (homeaffairs.gov.au) 

You can then assess whether you applied directly or through a third party and how you want to proceed.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem.  I applied for an ETA for my wife and myself.  Mine was approved in a couple of min and her was not.   They wanted a scan of her passport and some additional information.  Which I sent in over a week ago.  We are leaving in two weeks and really do not have any idea what to do.

They have a site to view but shows nothing new.  Embassy in US will not talk with us about these ETA.

Certanley there is a way to find out this info but can-t find it

1 hour ago, timbom said:

I am having the same problem.  I applied for an ETA for my wife and myself.  Mine was approved in a couple of min and her was not.   They wanted a scan of her passport and some additional information.  Which I sent in over a week ago.  We are leaving in two weeks and really do not have any idea what to do.

They have a site to view but shows nothing new.  Embassy in US will not talk with us about these ETA.

How did you apply for the ETA, the government ETA app or through a thrid party website? Did they say why they wanted more information and a scan of her passport?

Edited by possum52

2 hours ago, timbom said:

Perhaps try the Digital Assistant at the bottom of this page - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/