Carnival Spirit Soul Play

Wennfred

It’s 7am and I’m in line to sign up for Soul Play which the sign up starts at 8am, there are already 15 people here seated and waiting to sign up.

Soul Play is an Arts Class, Spirit is the only ship so far that has it, if anyone knows of another ship, let me know where.

From the pictures inside the room there’s oil paintings and I believe there’s another class that does painting on Tiles. Here are some pictures and I hope to get in so I can have some video footage on this event.

Fred

C9E44F2B-59EF-4AE5-A24E-50F6BA348017.jpeg

0276EE2B-1BC5-44EF-B8D8-DB0C294CE4EE.jpeg

C939358B-AC1C-46E8-8170-D504140FA616.jpeg

3F344DA5-8E61-4295-8CA2-58B986CB360B.jpeg

• Like 4

Check the schedule above, but they will cover over 150 passengers in the course of these 2 days, only 2 can sign up together at a time and not 6 which won’t be fair for other folks, also when you get down here at 6:45am make sure to start a line because everyone is sitting and people arriving late will try to jump the line once the line starts to form. if you are like me, start finding out who was first or second and starting making a line immediately. You can stand against the glass window and the sign up sheet will start at the Piano.

Also on the first night you must set your clocks 1 hour back so that you can be here in time.

Fred

Edited by Wennfred
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PetalumaCruiser said:

How is the ship otherwise

The ship is fantastic, it’s my favorite ship and the 5th time on Spirit since 2005, of course the staff is always nice. 

Please go to my Spirit Roll call as I am posting there about Spirit and everything else.

Edited by Wennfred
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Mr and Mrs C said:

Wondering if my husband can sign me up for this? I’m not a morning person but he is!

Yes, he can sign both of you. They will want to see both of your Sail & Sign cards so that they can write down the names correctly.

Fred

1 hour ago, carohs said:

How early do I need to show up to have a moderately good chance of getting a spot? I'm not a morning person either. 

You can get inline at 8am ships time but the line goes far back to the Pixels Photo gallery.

So send someone else to sign both of you up so they can get their much earlier and reserve a spot.

Crazy you have to stand in line and camp out for a spot, hopefully as the concept spreads to more ships they can build it into the Hub app or at least make tickets available at the Excursion desk!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

The class was a lot of fun, you just followed what the instructor was telling you what to do.

I don’t think this is going to spread to other ships, it’s unique to Carnival Spirit.

Post here if they still have this program.

5 minutes ago, CookieShip said:

I was on Spirt about 3 weeks ago and SoulPlay was still there. 

How do you sign up on the Spirit for SoulPlay? I thought I read somewhere on another Alaska review that on that ship you could sign up through the Hub app.

You can sign up via the Hub app.  We managed to get in one class the first sea day and everything else for the week was filled up by day two of a seven day cruise.  It was free and everyone had fun, but very difficult to get a space.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Caribensun said:

How far in advance of your cruise on Spirit can you sign up, cruise next year.

thanks,

You can sign up for classes via the HUB app once you're on board. I suggest doing so ASAP as the spots go quickly. Scroll through all of the days of your cruise in the app to see availability on future days.

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Does anyone know if it's on any of the other Spirit class ships?   We'll be on the Miracle to Alaska next week and would like to give it a try. 

SoulPlay is only on the Carnival Spirit.

• Thanks 1