Billards-Sapphire Princess

littlemuffin

I read that NCL is putting a bowling alley on one of their new ships. I think the CEO was quoted, when asked about the movement of the ship, "Well, we aren't hosting the pro bowlers tour here. It's just for fun". Maybe cruise lines should take the same approach to pool. Although serious pool players wouldn't just have fun and would probably be all upset about a certain shot not going their way because the ship bobbed and weaved.

Only ships I knwo of that have pool tables onboard are the Radiance class with RCCL. There may be others out there but they are the only ones I know of.

Golden has a pool table in the "sports bar", but it's not easy to play it considering the location!

Golden has a pool table in the "sports bar", but it's not easy to play it considering the location!

And they would probably ask kids to leave. It can also get real smoky there.

So does the Grand and Sapphire. Maybe they should come up with magnetic billiard balls LOL

We were on the Jewel of the Seas (RCI) and they have a billard table there. It is controlled with a gyroscope that keeps the table level no mater what the ship is doing. It is really facinating to watch and play on it. They keep it locked so kids do not mess with it. You need to get the key from the bartender at the nearby bar to use it.

Stan

Archived