Questions for recent B2B people

Lobbylin

Hi, we’re sailing Vancouver to Honolulu to Sydney B2B. Reading various sources including Celebrity FAQ’s it seems we need a covid test done free by Celebrity  to start the new 2nd leg cruise in Hawaii USA; and there is an intimation that is b2B cruisers will no be able to get off the ship on turnover day once we have been issued with new seapass cards.

If you’ve recently done a b2B in USA or Canada what was your experience?

Also, what happens if your covid test performed on board is positive- are you booted off?

Thanks!!

If at the time of your sailing Celebrity still requires covid tests for B2B cruisers the test will be done at no charge for the B2B passengers.  And I am not aware of any issues with not being to leave the ship on turnaround day if you so desire.

In April my husband tested positive on the first leg of a B2B.  He was in isolation in an ocean view stateroom after testing positive while I remained in our Suite.  On the turnaround day we opted to leave the ship and continue his five additional days of isolation in a hotel before flying home, but we were given the option to stay on board for the second leg.  Had we opted to remain on board he would have spent five more days in isolation and would have been tested.  At that point if he tested negative he would be released from isolation and re-join me in the Suite.  Had he tested positive he would have remained in the ocean view in isolation.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

If at the time of your sailing Celebrity still requires covid tests for B2B cruisers the test will be done at no charge for the B2B passengers.  And I am not aware of any issues with not being to leave the ship on turnaround day if you so desire.

In April my husband tested positive on the first leg of a B2B.  He was in isolation in an ocean view stateroom after testing positive while I remained in our Suite.  On the turnaround day we opted to leave the ship and continue his five additional days of isolation in a hotel before flying home, but we were given the option to stay on board for the second leg.  Had we opted to remain on board he would have spent five more days in isolation and would have been tested.  At that point if he tested negative he would be released from isolation and re-join me in the Suite.  Had he tested positive he would have remained in the ocean view in isolation.

That is what I am hoping for should either of us test positive mid cruise as it will be a nightmare for us to be stuck in Hawaii, when we are due to end our cruise in Sydney with onward plans, reservations and flights before returning home weeks later via Singapore 👍

41 minutes ago, 39august said:

If positive you had to exit the ship on turn around day. 

That might not be the case for every ship depending on the port of origin. My dad tested positive on the Apex and was told he could stay on the ship in quarantine for the B2B until he tested negative, or 10 days. He chose to get off the ship in Amsterdam. This was in May, so things could be different now. They are never super clear on the isolation policies. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

That might not be the case for every ship depending on the port of origin. My dad tested positive on the Apex and was told he could stay on the ship in quarantine for the B2B until he tested negative, or 10 days. He chose to get off the ship in Amsterdam. This was in May, so things could be different now. They are never super clear on the isolation policies. 

I totally agree it is work in progress and things may well be different by the beginning of October. 
I guess that as our next leg Hawaii to Sydney is 18nts they might let us stay on board and recuperate…😬

36 minutes ago, Lobbylin said:

I totally agree it is work in progress and things may well be different by the beginning of October. 
I guess that as our next leg Hawaii to Sydney is 18nts they might let us stay on board and recuperate…😬

We did that cruise 2.5 years ago.....it was our favorite! Hoping to do it again next year. Enjoy!!!!

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, JLMcruise said:

We did that cruise 2.5 years ago.....it was our favorite! Hoping to do it again next year. Enjoy!!!!

Excellent to read that🥰👍👍👍. We’re so excited, but just a bit apprehensive with all these covid rules.

How was the weather along the journey? It hard trying to work out how much hot weather and cool weather clothing to take! 

1 minute ago, Lobbylin said:

Excellent to read that🥰👍👍👍. We’re so excited, but just a bit apprehensive with all these covid rules.

How was the weather along the journey? It hard trying to work out how much hot weather and cool weather clothing to take! 

For that cruise we got by with mostly hot weather clothing. We had fantastic weather. A good windbreaker should get you through the trip.The only time the seas got rough was crossing from New Zealand to Sydney. We were in the front of the ship so we may felt it a bit more. New Zealand is gorgeous.  In Sydney, wake up early we docked right next to the opera house. We did Vancouver to Hawaii this April. Everyone on the ship lived in the same pair of pants for 4 days - it was a bit chilly but everyone had fun anyway. We were concerned about covid regulations - so we are waiting for next year to do that trip again. Have a great time!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lobbylin said:

We have done Vancouver to Honolulu and also Honolulu to Sydney.  The first two or three days leaving Vancouver the weather can be cool and rough, but transitions to much warmer weather very quickly.  About mid way through the crossing to Hawaii folks are wearing shorts.  And definitely shorts on the Honolulu to Sydney leg.  We have done the Honolulu to Sydney crossing five times, and have been fortunate to consistently experience calm seas.  And the entrance in to Sydney is gorgeous.  Many people are out on deck very early to enjoy the scenery.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JLMcruise said:

For that cruise we got by with mostly hot weather clothing. We had fantastic weather. A good windbreaker should get you through the trip.The only time the seas got rough was crossing from New Zealand to Sydney. We were in the front of the ship so we may felt it a bit more. New Zealand is gorgeous.  In Sydney, wake up early we docked right next to the opera house. We did Vancouver to Hawaii this April. Everyone on the ship lived in the same pair of pants for 4 days - it was a bit chilly but everyone had fun anyway. We were concerned about covid regulations - so we are waiting for next year to do that trip again. Have a great time!

Thank you!!!!!!😁🛳

3 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We have done Vancouver to Honolulu and also Honolulu to Sydney.  The first two or three days leaving Vancouver the weather can be cool and rough, but transitions to much warmer weather very quickly.  About mid way through the crossing to Hawaii folks are wearing shorts.  And definitely shorts on the Honolulu to Sydney leg.  We have done the Honolulu to Sydney crossing five times, and have been fortunate to consistently experience calm seas.  And the entrance in to Sydney is gorgeous.  Many people are out on deck very early to enjoy the scenery.

Thank you to you too Northern Aurora 💕👍