8/12/22 PRINCESS CRUISES REMOVES VACCINE REQUIREMENT FOR MOST VOYAGES, ELMINATES PRE-CRUISE TESTING FOR VACCINATED GUESTS

LACruiser88

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Perhaps this is what you had found - a PDF?  A portion is extracted and pasted below.  

1.    Proof of negative COVID-19 test (laboratory-certified)
NOTE: The port authority in Greece requires pre-embarkation test results for travelers boarding a cruise ship, in accordance with EU cruise ship travel guidelines. The country of Greece does not list these requirements on their official travel site (listed below), as the pre-embarkation test requirement is separate from any requirements for entry to the country of Greece. 

It sure seems odd that this info isn't posted somewhere more easily discoverable. We'll take whatever tests are required to cruise but we shouldn't have to be investigative reporters to dig info out. And, I'm not completely willing to go with what Princess posts. "Trust but verify"--words to live by 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

It sure seems odd that this info isn't posted somewhere more easily discoverable. We'll take whatever tests are required to cruise but we shouldn't have to be investigative reporters to dig info out. And, I'm not completely willing to go with what Princess posts. "Trust but verify"--words to live by 😁

I would not trust what someone on phone at Princess says about testing.

I go by what it says in writing for the cruiseline I will be embarking on.

what else can I do?

I am not willing to take a chance of being denied boarding, by challenging them.

To me, the Princess website NOW clearly outlines the requirements I will follow for my next 2 cruises with them.

Hope all goes well for all.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Seems like we should be seeing some first hand reports in Roll Calls or "Live" threads.  Plenty of cruise ships are departing out of Piraeus right now.

Ugh.  The next PCL ship to depart out of Piraeus (8/27) has a Roll Call with 7 total posts, 4 by the same person.  I was really expecting to see a lot of "What are you going to do about the testing requirement" posts with advice on where to go and when.  Nada. Zip. Zilch. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Ugh.  The next PCL ship to depart out of Piraeus (8/27) has a Roll Call with 7 total posts, 4 by the same person.  I was really expecting to see a lot of "What are you going to do about the testing requirement" posts with advice on where to go and when.  Nada. Zip. Zilch. 

A lot of the voyages are dead in terms of RC's.  Oct 15 isn't too bad, but Oct 01 & 08 are real quiet.  More on FB where there are specific Regal ship groups I have found.  I also think PCL was changing Greece for Sep 6, but not sure as it was all newly posted and increased the previous requirements.  

Edited by Steelers36

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

A lot of the voyages are dead in terms of RC's.  Oct 15 isn't too bad, but Oct 01 & 08 are real quiet.  More on FB where there are specific Regal ship groups I have found.  I also think PCL was changing Greece for Sep 6, but not sure as it was all newly posted and increased the previous requirements.  

Checked the Roll Calls for PCL and every other mass market to medium sized ship sailing out of Piraeus in September and only found one Roll Call where this is discussed (RCCL Jewel 9/28) and the folks there are getting the same information as we are getting.    

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Checked the Roll Calls for PCL and every other mass market to medium sized ship sailing out of Piraeus in September and only found one Roll Call where this is discussed (RCCL Jewel 9/28) and the folks there are getting the same information as we are getting.    

I think one of the factors emerging is that one of the cruise lines (I forget which one) mentioned in their info that the Greece government is not sharing its special requirements for cruise ships on public website.  The Greece public info is scant and reads like no restrictions at all.  That said, if their requirements are hard and fast, it is puzzling why all lines are not indicating both live in-person tests required, and required for port stops/visits.  As many guests point out, having a test when embarking in another country and days from reaching Greece, the test becomes meaningless for Greece.

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I think one of the factors emerging is that one of the cruise lines (I forget which one) mentioned in their info that the Greece government is not sharing its special requirements for cruise ships on public website.  The Greece public info is scant and reads like no restrictions at all.  That said, if their requirements are hard and fast, it is puzzling why all lines are not indicating both live in-person tests required, and required for port stops/visits.  As many guests point out, having a test when embarking in another country and days from reaching Greece, the test becomes meaningless for Greece.

Suffice to say that Aristotle, Plato, Socrates, Euclid and Archimedes are not on the committee that makes up the rule that allows people to ENTER Greece without a live test, but requires people LEAVING Greece to take one.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2