Covid test for Canada

Calli50

If my Alaska cruise has a stop in Canada (originates out of Seattle)  do I still need the negative covid test? We don’t plan on getting off the ship.Also do you have to be vaccinated? We have friends who want to join now, but are unvaccinated. They would not get off ship in Canada either. Some in our group seem to think we will still need to do a test. Confused.

Edited by Calli50

4 minutes ago, Calli50 said:

If my Alaska cruise has a stop in Canada (originates out of Seattle)  do I still need the negative covid test? We don’t plan on getting off the ship. Some in our group seem to think we will still need to do a test. Confused.

Yes, you need to test still and be vaccinated!

Edited by kasimir

7 minutes ago, Calli50 said:

If my Alaska cruise has a stop in Canada (originates out of Seattle)  do I still need the negative covid test? We don’t plan on getting off the ship.Also do you have to be vaccinated? We have friends who want to join now, but are unvaccinated. They would not get off ship in Canada either. Some in our group seem to think we will still need to do a test. Confused.

Did you check the NCL website?

Yes to both, its on the NCL website and still applies even if you stay on board.

Our TA leaves the UK on the 23rd September and we are being tested on the 21st. 

We dont reach Canada (one port stop) until October 3rd which to us makes the rule in in our opinion,  a nonsense as its 12 days from testing.   However, its the only way to sail so we will obviously be tested 

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise#boarding-excursions

Many of us are waiting to see what the Canadian Government will do now that so my changes are happening. Once the government makes a change, NCL will adjust its requirements.  Currently Canadian requirements apply to any passenger embarking on a cruise ship with a stop in a Canadian port at any point in the itinerary.  

There are Many Canadians on our New England/Canada crusie next month.   None of them think things will change anytime soon.  But who knows?   

Your friends are staying home and please adhere to the cruiseline website , not info on here. You all seem to lack the correct information.  I'm onbard in Alaska as I type and you need a stupid amount of crap to sail to Alaska with a Canadian stop.

• Like 2