From the ship to LAX?

vegasdriven

From those with experience, we are on the Panama Canal cruise this Dec 20-Jan 5, and the only thing I have left to arrange is transportation from the ship to LAX (we are in Vancouver so a nice shortish flight home).

Can anyone suggest the best way to transport? We are doing our own air, but can we pay for Regent transport? Our flight is around 2pm.

8 hours ago, vegasdriven said:

can we pay for Regent transport? Our flight is around 2pm.

Yes.  You or your travel agent can prebook transfers (via the Reservations department) and have it added to your invoice.

Alternatively, you can purchase the transfer once you are onboard. Destinations handles this onboard.  You can you use onboard credit if you have any.

Hi Doug,

I am on the same cruise and plan to use Regent transfer to LAX. My flight leaves at 2:25pm. When I was in Vancouver I used a private car provided by Regent and it got me to the airport about the same time as the Regent buses. The cost differential was minimal and luggage hunting was absent. Finding the private car was the only hiccup. It's been many a moon since I've been to LAX as I usually flew into John Wayne airport. If it is anything like the Miami airport the buses go to a special terminal drop off point that is a bit of a walk to the main terminal for security processing. As I understand it the port is about a 30 minute ride to LAX. The airport shuttle prices are in line with those of Regent's private car/SUV. Be interested in knowing what choice you make. See you in Miami. Dodgerdoug

While we're on this subject - if arranging for a car service pick-up, what time would you recommend telling them?  I'm thinking 9 AM.  Anyone have experience doing this at LA? (Note, my flight out of LAX is at around 1:30PM.)

On 8/13/2022 at 11:48 AM, douginct said:

I'm sure you're right - but we don't ever use Uber.  

Ubers in LA area tend to have nice cars and better pricing than Taxis. If the traffic is not to heavy about 20 minutes to LAX. Uber X is about $35-$40 and Uber XL $60.

• Like 1