Viking Mississippi

Heidi13

• 2 weeks later...

The current MarineTraffic App shows the ship is suppose to be in Memphis  today, but hasn’t been updated for days. Current position is well south of Memphis and is dated 20 Aug. Hope another site is better. 

By the way, I started a thread after Viking informed me 10 days prior to our 6 Aug Viking Mississippi cruise from New Orleans to St Paul was canceled. My view was Viking should have known their ship wouldn’t be ready more than 10 days out. I got more than a few posts explaining that it wasnt Viking”s ‘fault’  because they don’t own it, and that Viking was just a glorified Booking Agent. Got it.

Turns out Viking canceled the next itinerary a week or so prior to it, and yesterday canceled a cruise 4 days prior to the 27 Aug cruise. Along with this, they are informing some passengers on the 3 Sept cruise that they are being canceled because their SR wont be ready, and is still under construction. 

A management company, which I thought Viking was, should work with the company who ‘owns’ this ship and set a date when it will Actually be ready, ship construction and staff training, which was also mentioned as an issue.

But what the heck, having it canceled just a few day prior I guess is no big deal, but the big one I’d really be upset over is paying full price for a cruise and having construction personnel on board working on SRs….nice…..well nice for Viking to be making money while the ship is still being completed. 

One thing that has upset a few (not me, not going Mississippi again) is Viking offered them the classic 110% voucher……the 2023 Mississippi cruises are more than 110% of this year’s cost…..you pay more than the voucher. 

Classy

Ive enjoyed my Euro Viking cruises and will do another, Bordeaux!, with my vouchers….but this is it. And I know Viking will go under when I quit cruising with them!!!

den

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Denny01 said:

The current MarineTraffic App shows the ship is suppose to be in Memphis  today, but hasn’t been updated for days. Current position is well south of Memphis and is dated 20 Aug. Hope another site is better. 

With the free version of Marine Traffic you only pick up the ship's AIS signals from shore stations. You can pay a fee and receive satellite signals.

Other websites may use satellite positions, but normally update the sat once per day

14 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

With the free version of Marine Traffic you only pick up the ship's AIS signals from shore stations. You can pay a fee and receive satellite signals.

Other websites may use satellite positions, but normally update the sat once per day

Thanks!

den

• Like 1