Whale watching tour in Victoria.

Hello, our up coming Quantum cruise is in October. I would like to do a whale watching tour on October 4. Our day here in Victoria will be from 8 am to 5 pm. Is it better to do a tour with Royal or with Eagle Wing ? The prices are not much different. Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Moon Orchid said:

Hello, our up coming Quantum cruise is in October. I would like to do a whale watching tour on October 4. Our day here in Victoria will be from 8 am to 5 pm. Is it better to do a tour with Royal or with Eagle Wing ? The prices are not much different. Thanks in advance.

Ā 

That is odd.Ā  Usually you pay a premium for most things going through the cruise line.

Ā 

Being a Canadian company the prices on Eagle Wing website are likely in Canadian dollars.Ā  That should be 20-30%Ā  less when posted to your credit card in US Dollars.

Ā 

• Thanks 1

I agree - check the currency! But even if they are the same when using the same units, the cruise line won't be offering a guarantee - whereas all the local firms give a lifetime 'free repeat trips until your boat sees whales' as standard. You might not plan to come back soon, but if you're on one of the unlucky 5-10% of trips that doesn't sight whales at least you'll get another trip whenever you do manage to make it back again...

Ā 

Ā 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, em-sk said:

Ā 

That is odd.Ā  Usually you pay a premium for most things going through the cruise line.

Ā 

Being a Canadian company the prices on Eagle Wing website are likely in Canadian dollars.Ā  That should be 20-30%Ā  less when posted to your credit card in US Dollars.

Ā 

You're right. I forgot about the Canadian dollars. Eagle Wing cost $149 and Royal wants $129 a person before tax . I think I'm going to go with Eagle Wing. Thank you.

1 hour ago, martincath said:

I agree - check the currency! But even if they are the same when using the same units, the cruise line won't be offering a guarantee - whereas all the local firms give a lifetime 'free repeat trips until your boat sees whales' as standard. You might not plan to come back soon, but if you're on one of the unlucky 5-10% of trips that doesn't sight whales at least you'll get another trip whenever you do manage to make it back again...

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you very much Martincath. I'm going to go with Eagle Wing.šŸ˜Š

• 5 months later...