Scenic Luxury Cruises and Tours

TravelLizzy

23 minutes ago, 3Shelaghs said:

Well, Scenic web site still on and off... totally fed up with their lack of tech experts to fix this issue. When it comes time for payment, how do I do that???? 

Surely I don't have to wait on phone for 2hours for an agent to answer, then give my CC over the phone? Or should I email one of the email addresses I have, and ask them to call me? 

Why on my Booking Advice form under Booking Payment Information is there a "click here to make a payment"????

When I originally made deposit (2019), I actually did provide payment online. What am I missing, or what has Scenic dropped the ball on???

Maybe this cruise will  turn into a driving holiday! And I'll kiss the deposit goodbye.

A good TA should be able to do all this drudge work for you. Many cruise lines have communications issues right now and a good TA can have some direct numbers to call established contacts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3Shelaghs said:

Well, Scenic web site still on and off... totally fed up with their lack of tech experts to fix this issue. When it comes time for payment, how do I do that???? 

Surely I don't have to wait on phone for 2hours for an agent to answer, then give my CC over the phone? Or should I email one of the email addresses I have, and ask them to call me? 

Why on my Booking Advice form under Booking Payment Information is there a "click here to make a payment"????

After their site was attacked by ransomware they have instituted several additional security measure. These new measures are making their site slow or just about impossible at times.   

Get a good Travel Agent and put them  to work sitting on the phones.  Free up your time and let them work for you.   It doesn't cost you anything and they may be able to provide better deals or discounts.

TrojanGal - if your Princess Cruise around UK hits St Peter Port - Guernsey, we suggest you take an excursion or explore the Island on your own - you won't be disappointed.  This is a hidden gem in the Channel Islands.  Four of us did the German Military Occupation excursion and our guide was great.  The tour takes you around the Island as well as history about the Occupation.  I am a history buff and my husband and his buddy are retired Army, his buddy's wife also served in the Army and this particular tour gives a very good look at the occupation and its effect on the islanders.  This was our second time to the UK and many of the port stops. The highlight for my husband and his buddy was Normandy, but we had surprising enrichment at Guernsey and Liverpool (NOT for the Beatles) but for its real history - USS Alabama and the South (during the U.S. Civil War) and Cunard's Ship building. (We had sailed from NY to Southampton on QM2 before embarking on Princess Emerald.)