Boarding Times for Marina/Riviera

Robjame

The cruise details on Oceania show an embarkation time of 1 pm out of Miami (Departure 9 pm).

Does this mean PH and above can board at 11 am (2 hours before) or does it mean everything starts at 1 pm with PH and above boarding at 1 pm?

Concierge 1 hour before - 12 or 2 pm.

You might ask this question to your TA, no one here can say for sure.

Otherwise, you will get your blue book that will have all your boarding details closer to your sailing. 

It does sound as if the ship might be arriving a bit later back to port for Disembarkment and boarding is pushed out a couple of hours.

Best bet is to ask your TA .

Have you received your final packet of information? You should get some specific details from O about embarkation.

When we embarked on Riviera on 12/13/21 there was a huge window of staggered times you could choose from. We selected the period 1130 and had about 15 minutes to be in it, though it didn't seem like it was enforced. We were in an A4 Concierge Veranda and had 1130 to embark and got there at 1115.

From Oceania's SailSafe material:

SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE CHECK-IN

• We’ve designed an enhanced, staggered embarkation process and new check-in system to streamline check in for guests by allowing documents to be signed electronically.

6 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Have you received your final packet of information? You should get some specific details from O about embarkation.

When we embarked on Riviera on 12/13/21 there was a huge window of staggered times you could choose from. We selected the period 1130 and had about 15 minutes to be in it, though it didn't seem like it was enforced. We were in an A4 Concierge Veranda and had 1130 to embark and got there at 1115.

From Oceania's SailSafe material:

SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE CHECK-IN

• We’ve designed an enhanced, staggered embarkation process and new check-in system to streamline check in for guests by allowing documents to be signed electronically.

Is this policy still enforce? Will it be so after 9/1?

The first come first serve system this established was highly controversial because it supplanted the written Oceania policy of boarding by room category. 

41 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Have you received your final packet of information? You should get some specific details from O about embarkation

No - we are well in advance of that but are trying to plan out our days in Miami before the cruise. I was hoping some recent boarding times would share some light on this.

The sail away time is unusual - 9 pm as Riviera disembarks  at the usual 8 am time that morning. The arrival is from a trans Atlantic voyage so maybe more people leaving the ship and not staying on, accounts for that.

This topic made me think of our upcoming situation. For those Platinum and up in the past, one of the perks was Priority Terminal Check-in. You didn't worry about what time your schedule said, you just showed up whenever you wanted. In the post covid environment does anyone know or have experienced whether this is being honored or not? 

Rob, I believe I've read that an arriving TA has a few more hoops to jump through on their initial embarkation in the US. Perhaps that's why things will be running late on that one. 

• Like 1

They often have inspections on the first cruise after being out of country for months.  I was on an Oceania cruise that had just arrived from overseas and  they asked that we didn't show up before 3pm.  I know people who did say they got on around 1pm.

When you fill in your information for your boarding pass (a couple weeks before your cruise) you will have a chance to select a boarding time from those time slots not already taken. Embarkation generally starts at 11 am.