Wine/Bringing On Cruise

m8zenblue

1 minute ago, Cajuntraveler said:

Has anyone, who did not have a beverage package, brought wine aboard?  The policy of 2 bottles pp without corkage appears to apply only if you have a beverage package. We are sailing soon with NO beverage package and I can't find on X's web site how much the corkage fee might be per bottle.

You'll only pay it if you take your bottles to a bar or restaurant.  Then, $25.

6 hours ago, Cajuntraveler said:

Has anyone, who did not have a beverage package, brought wine aboard?  The policy of 2 bottles pp without corkage appears to apply only if you have a beverage package. We are sailing soon with NO beverage package and I can't find on X's web site how much the corkage fee might be per bottle. The wine will be for in room consumption only.

All passengers can bring 2 bottles per person, regardless of a bev package or not. The only difference is those with no bev package will pay $25 per bottle to enjoy that bottle in any dining venue. Open in your own cabin, no fee. Those with a bev package get corkage waived for wine they bring into a dining venue. I think maybe what’s confusing you… yes, those with a bev package sometimes bring their own wine, which facially seems counterintuitive since you’re already paying for unlimited wine. I bring special bottles that I have been aging, or want for celebrating. So I have the bev package as it covers water, coffees, martinis, and the ships wine on some nights, I still like to bring my own splurge bottles to be poured in dining venues, no corkage fee. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cajuntraveler said:

Has anyone, who did not have a beverage package, brought wine aboard?  The policy of 2 bottles pp without corkage appears to apply only if you have a beverage package. We are sailing soon with NO beverage package and I can't find on X's web site how much the corkage fee might be per bottle. The wine will be for in room consumption only.

Edit:  already answered a few times. Enjoy a nice glass on your SR. Just what we do. 

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 9:46 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Didn't know if this was said, if you open it in a dining venue and don't finish it (rare scenario), they will store your wine for you and will retrieve it when you're in any other dining venues.

Would you have to pay the corkage again?