Partially Obstructed Verandah Cabins - Koningsdam

We are looking to book a girls trip to Alaska next summer.  There will be three of us going, myself, my mom and my 13 year old daughter.  To save money we are thinking of booking one of the partially obstructed verandah cabins.  There isn't a lot of information or photos of these cabins available online.  I have already checked HALfacts.com and there wasn't many of them listed.  

I would love some input from those who have stayed in these cabins, especially if you have any photos.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Please provide me with the pros and cons 🙂

Thanks in advance for all your help!

On HALFACTS there are seven PO Verandahs for Koningsdam (lots of photos) and four from her sister ships. What are the details you are not seeing? I can't upload photos, but I do have a lifetime membership at CruiseDeckPlans and would survey the photos there and report back.

FWIW, I think these cabins are very good value. I have booked but never sailed in the same cabins in the Nieuw Statendam (sister ship)

28 minutes ago, IneedaVacation1977 said:

...we are thinking of booking one of the partially obstructed verandah cabins.  There isn't a lot of information or photos of these cabins available online.

Any advice would be appreciated.  Please provide me with the pros and cons 🙂

We will be staying on the Koningsdam in an Obstructed Verandah for our Hawaii cruise 10/8 - 10/16/2022. Found a stateroom with oversize balcony and a decent view and saved $600 compared to an Unobstructed Verandah. I did quite a bit of research studying the layout of the deck below for noise considerations. Also found some reviews, photos, and YouTube videos before choosing VH4041 or opposite side VH4042. See YouTube: https://youtu.be/IAYsFX5q-nY

There are life boats forward of the midship elevators which are shorter and don't obstruct the view as much as the taller tenders found aft of the midship elevators. For Noise considerations deck 5 above is no problem since it is all staterooms. Watch out for BB Kings on deck 2 which is two levels tall at the open-to-below area between the 2 shops and art gallery. Think loud booming bass vibrating the staterooms above and below well into the night.  Thus I would avoid anything from VH4063 to VH4086.

I agree with crystalspin's post above for value. Pros of Deck 4 obstructed Verandah are less side-sway in rough seas compared to higher decks, less fwd/aft teeter-totter sea motion since obstructed Verandah stateroom are not available in the Fwd and Aft areas. Higher open-air public decks are great to view the glaciers and Inside Passage.

I'll let you know more, after our cruise.

Jeff

We were in 4049 last Thanksgiving and could hear a bit of noise from the Rolling Stone room but it wasn’t very loud and didn’t last long at all.  We had no complaints about the obstructed view because it only blocked your ability to see anything directly below.  Here’s a picture from our balcony.3DA73D9D-856C-41A5-BA49-0CCCBBE1667E.thumb.jpeg.9b429a79eb5b47289840ab5f0f43d6f9.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ptmbaa! said:

Most of the cabins on deck 4 are considered obstructed.  Just look up any room pics on HALfacts for rooms on the 4th floor.  

The verandah category cabins on deck 4 - yes, but there are Vista verandah suites on deck 4 (in the middle bulge) which are not obstructed.

• Like 1