Taxi fare to Mr. Sanchos from Cozumel Port

woohoo1

7 minutes ago, woohoo1 said:

Hi Im getting different prices all over? Does anyone know for 2 people each way would cost? Thank you

Where are you looking to get prices all over? Always higher for cruisers and from the ports.

Prices will be listed on a board at the port. I don’t think there has been an official union increase although i am surprised as it has been some years.

Depends which pier but here is an idea

https://www.cruzely.com/complete-list-of-cozumel-taxi-rates/

18 hours ago, woohoo1 said:

Hi Im getting different prices all over? Does anyone know for 2 people each way would cost? Thank you

Would help to know which pier you are docking at.

Downtown is more expensive than Puerto Maya (Carnival)

or International (RCI). The piers south of downtown are closer than the downtown pier, thus cheaper rides

I know my research for my December cruise looks like $17-18 from Puerto Maya to Nachi Cocum

which is just past Sanchos.

Taxi cabs are highly regulated in Cozumel and those charts for fares are required to be posted at each of the piers.  If you grab a taxi anywhere else in town, be sure to ask the fare before you get in.  There are some taxi drivers who will break the rules and try to charge more so make sure they give you a price.  If you don't like the price, say no thank you and walk away.  Another taxi will stop for you, repeat the process.  I have never had this happen to me (and we have been going to Cozumel on vacations for 20 yrs) but I have heard of people getting overcharged.  Just know... it is the LAW in Cozumel, they must follow the rate chart, or they can lose their vehicle.

• Like 1