Why did they stop giving you your S&S when you

ThaNectar

Just got off a RCI cruise and they have an app for check in, health questions, pic and vax card uploads, communicate with each other without wifi, etc.  When we boarded they scanned our barcode on the app and our cards were in the notice slot by our cabin door.  Also, we could use the app to watch a Muster Drill video and then went to our muster station where they scanned our code on the app to say we know where the muster station is located and had watched the procedure video.  Will be on Dream in Nov and wondering if Carnival has something like this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SellN4U said:

Just got off a RCI cruise and they have an app for check in, health questions, pic and vax card uploads

The Carnival Hub app does not, this may be included in Verifly, but not sure as I have not used it.

19 minutes ago, SellN4U said:

communicate with each other without wifi, etc

Yes, the Carnival Hub App does offer a chat feature to others on the ship.  It is $5 per cruise if I remember correctly.

20 minutes ago, SellN4U said:

When we boarded they scanned our barcode on the app and our cards were in the notice slot by our cabin door.

You will use your boarding pass to board the ship.  Barcode is not on the app.  As the topic suggests, your cards will be available at your door when your room is ready.

22 minutes ago, SellN4U said:

Also, we could use the app to watch a Muster Drill video and then went to our muster station where they scanned our code on the app to say we know where the muster station is located and had watched the procedure video.

There is no video on the app.  You simply go to your muster station briefly for life jacket demo and to get checked off.  It takes less than a minute.  There is a safety video on your room tv to view at you leisure if you would like.

23 minutes ago, SellN4U said:

Just got off a RCI cruise and they have an app for check in, health questions, pic and vax card uploads, communicate with each other without wifi, etc.  When we boarded they scanned our barcode on the app and our cards were in the notice slot by our cabin door.  Also, we could use the app to watch a Muster Drill video and then went to our muster station where they scanned our code on the app to say we know where the muster station is located and had watched the procedure video.  Will be on Dream in Nov and wondering if Carnival has something like this.

My last carnival Cruise, the muster was so easy. Just show up before the departure time. Took about 2 minutes 

I have been Platinum for quite some time now, and many of my recent cruises, both pre and post Covid, I did not get the extra "perk" for gaining access to my cabin earlier (and therefore get our S&S cards).  In fact, we rarely get access to our cabins before 1:30 anymore. 

Also, I have known people who are not P, D or FTTF go to their cabin and get their S&S cards and access their cabin before 1:30. (on a cruise in 2017)

Guest BasicSailor
2 hours ago, funinthesun1964 said:

I have been Platinum for quite some time now, and many of my recent cruises, both pre and post Covid, I did not get the extra "perk" for gaining access to my cabin earlier (and therefore get our S&S cards).  In fact, we rarely get access to our cabins before 1:30 anymore. 

Also, I have known people who are not P, D or FTTF go to their cabin and get their S&S cards and access their cabin before 1:30. (on a cruise in 2017)

Seems the staff being sort staffed and going to your cabin early has become a popular inside joke on the threads here. The rooms were made ready in the past and you were welcomed to go to your room. Now days they run you out, saying, room not ready yet. Soo it's really a toss-up from ship to ship.

Guest BasicSailor
27 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

P&D allowed to drop off carry on bags before 1:30 but no allowed to hang out in rooms until after 1:30.  Keys may or may not be ready for you when you drop off bags. 

This doesn't amend on all ships. Seems some staff members didn't get that memo.

Guest BasicSailor
2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

There you go again! 😁

Feel free to respond to all my post on the subject. Gives the mind something to ponder.🤣