American Diner on Joy

Holly g

10 minutes ago, Holly g said:

for those who have eaten at the American Diner would you recommend it?

I know you say Joy...and yes I was on the Getaway, but @lgdesign's rumors are correct. The best milkshake I have ever had was on the Getaway in American Diner. Pure perfection....the mozzarella sticks are pretty good too. 

many threads on CC about the american diner.

general consensus is that the shakes are great and worth paying for; but that nearly every other menu item (except for the lobster roll) can be had elsewhere on the ship "for free."

most report that the place is almost always empty, with the staff overjoyed to see you walk in because they have little to do.

haven guests like to eat there on embarkation day because it is free (for haven guests).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TampaGambler said:

If you eat at American Diner on embarkation day because you are in the Haven, is there a limit to what you can or cannot get? Can everyone in the party get an app, milkshakes, desert etc?

Thanks in advance for the reply

Yes to app, entree, dessert - no item upcharges. Milkshakes are still $5. 

We didn't see if we could order more than one of any category, so not sure about that. I may do this in a couple weeks when we board Getaway. If so, I'll update, unless someone else answers. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TampaGambler said:

If you eat at American Diner on embarkation day because you are in the Haven, is there a limit to what you can or cannot get? Can everyone in the party get an app, milkshakes, desert etc?

We ate there on the Encore (we were in the Haven) we were offered an app, sandwich/entre, desert.  Had to pay for the shake (it was worth it).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jmh87 said:

I know I am in the minority, but me and my family really like the American Diner. The French Dip sandwich I had there was better than the one at the Haven restaurant.

My husband agrees with you about the French Dip Sandwich! 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 3:19 PM, Holly g said:

for those who have eaten at the American Diner would you recommend it?

IMHO not worth any extra cash. Didn't try the milk shake. Had a suite on the Joy (only one so far) and the American Diner was offered at lunch for Haven Guest. If I ever get a Haven Suite again, I'll have lunch in the Haven resturant and NOT the Amerian Dinner. The place is over rated. (Just my opinion)

5 hours ago, jmh87 said:

I know I am in the minority, but me and my family really like the American Diner. The French Dip sandwich I had there was better than the one at the Haven restaurant.

We also enjoy it. Haven't had a bad meal there yet. Mozzerella sticks are awesome. All of the portions are huge. I have to question those who won't go there because "you can get a hamburger for free at the buffet." There is NO WAY you'll get a buffet burger that looks remotely like what you get at the AD.