NCL Future Cruise Credits?

Warbird

Just throwing this out to see if anybody has had a similar experience.  To start with one can login to your NCL account and view what your Future Cruise Credits are from past canceled cruises.  One thing it doesn’t show is the FCC’s for your spouse.  You have to ask your cruise consultant what they are and take their word for it.  Fast forward, I made a reservation with my cruise consultant and noted the base guest fare on NCL’s website.  We went over the numbers and because of FCC’s it got complicated and came up with the cost and decided to go ahead and make the reservation.

Later in the evening I got the confirmation for my reservation.  I reviewed it and noted the guest fare for myself and my wife were higher and not equal numbers.  Gov Tax/Port Exp/Fares were as expected along with Travel Protection.  Then came the line for Savings.  Equal numbers for both of us.  Where did that line item come from?  Somewhere in the equation because of FCC’s there should be a 10% discount.  The “Savings” may reflect the 10% discount, but the numbers don’t make sense.

From Gross Total to Payments my CruiseNext Coupon and FCC’s are deducted and my CC charges for the remainder that is owed.

I emailed my cruise consultant asking for an explanation regarding the base fare difference and the response was you have to subtract the Savings number from the Guest Fare and that’s your voyage fare.  It didn’t really answer my question and doesn’t make any sense.  I emailed back and no response.

So my takeaway from this is through some fancy math the cruise fare has been padded.  Why?  I have to question why one can’t see your spouse’s FCC’s on the website.  The FCC’s were derived from a paid canceled cruise.  Was a commission paid to the cruise consultant already from the canceled cruise and for services rendered the new reservation does some fancy math and creates a commission for the cruise consultant.  Can anybody explain or have you had a similar experience?

Not totally following your assessment but here's what I have gleaned from past experience.

FCC as a refund is a payment - should be a payment line item.

FCC as a bonus is a reduction to cruise fare, so you will not see it.  I always do a mock booking to verify pricing before discounts.

% off coupons also reduce price, are only applied to fare of the person with the coupon, not both passengers - which could be why you are seeing different fares. Again, not something you will see on your statement.

The "savings" line item (not always listed) should be the 40% discount, has nothing to do with additional discounts.

CN certificates are payments, should not affect price. Also will be a payment line item.

1 hour ago, Warbird said:

One thing it doesn’t show is the FCC’s for your spouse.  You have to ask your cruise consultant what they are and take their word for it. 

I have to question why one can’t see your spouse’s FCC’s on the website.  The FCC’s were derived from a paid canceled cruise.  

If you go through to the step where you select your spouse as Passenger 2, it will bring up your spouse's credits (at the payment options screen).  Or you can log in under her account to see her credits.

It makes less sense when passenger 2 is a child, FCCs go to the child's account even though they had nothing to do with the original payment and cannot book on their own, but the point is, FCCs are assigned to each passenger.

Edited by n4w

Thanks for those that responded.  It turns out part of the problem is the price listed on the first page.  It's one price, but when you drill down to the actual room and category it's a higher price.  But that still doesn't explain the difference between Guest 1 and Guest 2 fare.  See attached.

Booking Components per Guest in USD 2022-08-19 at 9.50.22 PM.png

@Warbird

You have received a discount, looks like 10%; she hasn't .

If you want to see your wife's you will need to log-in with her Latitudes number or ask your PCC.

The savings are probably a % discount on the theoretical fare that they offered at one time in "Free at Sea".   If you look at the website there is always a crossed out fare above the quoted fare.

3 hours ago, Warbird said:

Thanks for those that responded.  It turns out part of the problem is the price listed on the first page.  It's one price, but when you drill down to the actual room and category it's a higher price.  But that still doesn't explain the difference between Guest 1 and Guest 2 fare.  See attached.

Booking Components per Guest in USD 2022-08-19 at 9.50.22 PM.png

See explanation above.  You have FCC or a bonus coupon.  Your spouse does not, either because the credits don't exist in the account or weren't applied.  Looks like you have a $125 credit, possibly one of their bonus coupons. You'd have to do a mock booking and look at the codes on your reservation to determine what other discounts were applied to the fare itself.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bellevuemountain said:

Out of curiosity, how do you consult your FCC? I had to cancel a cruise but I have no clue on how to trace the FCC.  Is it by email or in MyNCL?  Thanks!

Did you you mean to ask about consulting with your PCC (cruise consultant)?  If you do not have a direct number, call the main line and they can redirect you.

If instead, you are looking for FCC that may exist, you "should" be able to view that in MyNCL (at the bottom of bookings.)

However, bear in mind it is often only given to the Primary passenger (so check that account). Or if it was split FCC check each account.

*** My apologies if I misunderstood your post!

Edited by ggTexasGal
added words
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Did you you mean to ask about consulting with your PCC (cruise consultant)?  If you do not have a direct number, call the main line and they can redirect you.

If instead, you are looking for FCC that may exist, you "should" be able to view that in MyNCL (at the bottom of bookings.)

However, bear in mind it is often only given to the Primary passenger (so check that account). Or if it was split FCC check each account.

Thanks, you understood my odd question perfectly… I was looking for FCC that exists, it’s simply taking time to show up.  The cancellation was a month ago.  I received confirmation from the Platinum Insurance I purchased through NCL, but I can’t see it anywhere on MyNCL.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Totally different experience with fcc.  Split between passengers. Only refund FCC showed in my account, bonus FCC (unless a % coupon) only visible to my pcc.  But I've always gotten a letter telling me the amount.

I am currently searching for my FCC from a price adjustment.... It was supposed to be in my account last month.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, julig22 said:

Totally different experience with fcc.  Split between passengers. Only refund FCC showed in my account, bonus FCC (unless a % coupon) only visible to my pcc.  But I've always gotten a letter telling me the amount.

I am currently searching for my FCC from a price adjustment.... It was supposed to be in my account last month.  

It seems like the "rules" (and/or methods used) just keep changing.  Certainly frustrating for the end users. 🤔 

I hope that your account(s) are settled satisfactorily, soon!

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 6:28 AM, ggTexasGal said:

It seems like the "rules" (and/or methods used) just keep changing.  Certainly frustrating for the end users. 🤔 

I hope that your account(s) are settled satisfactorily, soon!

My travel agent reached out to NCL, it was confusing even for her.  The amounts were confirmed by NCL, but they are not available as of yet.  My travel agent recommends waiting for the FCC before booking another cruise.  My vacation time is planned for September 5th, my fingers are crossed that it will show up sooner rather than later 😁.

• Like 1

I always had to have a separate piece of paper to right down everything. Before I go had my cruise cancelled for August 27, I kept seeing that I owed $50. But my cruise consultant and another customer service person both said I owed nothing. Also, I would have to subtract the "SAVINGS" line from the "GUEST FARE" line to see what I thought the price of my room should be.

As far as FCC, I would have to long into my account and my husband's to see what I had. My consultant had advised me to use them for payment until the final payment was due.

Hope everything worked out for you.

I'm beginning to think my PCC has the integrity of a car salesman.  I upgraded to an OV and it should have been X number of dollars.  I called to do the upgrade and was quoted a higher number.  I questioned the difference and I was told it was the travel insurance went up.  Ok, that's reasonable.  I get my confirmation and the travel insurance stayed the same.  The base fare was higher and one would think they should be equal for husband and wife, not so, at least not in my case. 

My TA informed me that I have received FCC for my upcoming 9/16 cruise because of a price reduction.  I think I have to complete this cruise before I have it applied to my next cruise in February right? It is not on MyNCL but the TA gave me the numbers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

My TA informed me that I have received FCC for my upcoming 9/16 cruise because of a price reduction.  I think I have to complete this cruise before I have it applied to my next cruise in February right? It is not on MyNCL but the TA gave me the numbers.

I don't have a TA for our upcoming cruise (a mistake I won't repeat), but our fare went down $600 before all the cabins in that category sold out, and when I called NCL, they gave me FCC for it. The rep said it won't show up until this cruise is closed (completed), and then I will be able to see it in MyNCL.

8 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

I don't have a TA for our upcoming cruise (a mistake I won't repeat), but our fare went down $600 before all the cabins in that category sold out, and when I called NCL, they gave me FCC for it. The rep said it won't show up until this cruise is closed (completed), and then I will be able to see it in MyNCL.

First time I got FCC for a price reduction it never showed up in MyNCL - but my pcc was able to see it after the cruise and apply it to an upcoming cruise.  Second time (circumstances were a little more complicated), FCC is still missing and it's been over a month, waiting to hear from NCL.

8 minutes ago, julig22 said:

First time I got FCC for a price reduction it never showed up in MyNCL - but my pcc was able to see it after the cruise and apply it to an upcoming cruise.  Second time (circumstances were a little more complicated), FCC is still missing and it's been over a month, waiting to hear from NCL.

That's disappointing and frustrating to know that I'm going to have to stay on top of it.