Saint Greg's New York City and Magic to Bermuda - Live - August 27-September 5 2022

Saint Greg

Bermuda update for you Greg. It appears that the weather outlook for your two days here has improved. Only a 20% chance of rain. Today is a monsoon. Thanks for your deck pictures this morning showing the sun and blue skies. Forgot what that looks like! 😁

• Like 11

2 hours ago, pe4all said:

Get it taken care of right away.  That would drive me crazy.  Many a cruise I was standing on the bed putting folded up cardboard in places on the ceiling vents or lights or balcony door to stop the rattling sounds.

It went away after 20 minutes or so. Then I woke up around 5am and it was back. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, emm126 said:

Would love to hear you overall impression of NY. Enjoy Bermuda and your cruise!!

I liked it. It’s really expensive. Everything is at or close to special event prices. 

The people were good. I never had any problems. Actually my first day when I wasn’t sure how to use things with the bus or subway someone stepped up and helped me without me asking for help. After that I was good.

Using the subway helped a lot. I can’t imagine what that bill would be like if I took Uber everywhere. For those who say they would walk, I walked 55 miles in addition to the subway/bus rides I took.

All the talk about beware of the subway. I think it’s overblown. It’s mostly normal people. And after that first night, I took the subway home at night. 11pm-1am. I didn’t mention those trips because I knew people would be telling me not to do it. It was fine. I only saw one seriously crazy guy harassing someone. Fortunately on the other side of the tracks. The guy just walked down further and sat down. He still screamed at him but never went down there. 

Actually the one night I walked all the way back was the time someone offered me drugs. A guy coming out of Ray’s pizza. That never happened on the subway.

I never felt in danger anywhere. 

Even with everything I did there are still things I didn’t get to like intrepid, tram to Roosevelt island, walk the Brooklyn bridge, dumbo at sunset, walk the entire high line, the library from ghostbusters. I didn’t touch any of the museums so there’s that. I didn’t do a harbor tour. I’d probably like to see yankee stadium and maybe go to one of their games. 

Of course I want to see the Statue of Liberty but I’m holding out for when they re-open the crown. Then there will always be more Broadway shows. Hamilton for sure. I didn’t see all of Central Park. 

I didn’t make a dent in my food list. I really thought I was going to be able to eat a bagel each day. A slice of pizza each day. A hotdog each day..And work in meals. Didn’t happen. 

When I left L.A. I said I probably wouldn’t be back..unless I decide to tour a studio or something. I don’t know what else I would want to do there after the bus tour I took. But I will definitely be back to New York. Just a matter of timing since the cruises are mostly during the summer when prices are up or during football season where I can’t plan far ahead. 

Since I still haven’t booked for next summer which is unusual at this point…return trips to NY or Seattle are possible next summer.

• Like 20

Hi Greg, I just got off of Magic Yesterday as you came on. I am still getting caught up on your review but wanted to share this with you. Last night was a great game. Vintage DeGrom, Amazing Nimmo catch and a live performance by Timmy Trumpet!! Wish you were still in NY for this game!

https://youtu.be/8BYSp2pzP0Y

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, doublek2 said:

Hi Greg, I just got off of Magic Yesterday as you came on. I am still getting caught up on your review but wanted to share this with you. Last night was a great game. Vintage DeGrom, Amazing Nimmo catch and a live performance by Timmy Trumpet!! Wish you were still in NY for this game!

https://youtu.be/8BYSp2pzP0Y

Thanks. As you’ll see when you get caught up, I got to see it on my phone. It finished up just before the welcome aboard show.

Edited by Saint Greg

They have a “Bermuda highlights show” in the main lounge. It looks like it’s just a shopping show so I’m not doing that.

Motown showdown. In 15 mins will be next on my agenda. I think that’s replacing either the hairy chest contest or the lip synch auditions

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I liked it. It’s really expensive. Everything is at or close to special event prices. 

The people were good. I never had any problems. Actually my first day when I wasn’t sure how to use things with the bus or subway someone stepped up and helped me without me asking for help. After that I was good.

Using the subway helped a lot. I can’t imagine what that bill would be like if I took Uber everywhere. For those who say they would walk, I walked 55 miles in addition to the subway/bus rides I took.

All the talk about beware of the subway. I think it’s overblown. It’s mostly normal people. And after that first night, I took the subway home at night. 11pm-1am. I didn’t mention those trips because I knew people would be telling me not to do it. It was fine. I only saw one seriously crazy guy harassing someone. Fortunately on the other side of the tracks. The guy just walked down further and sat down. He still screamed at him but never went down there. 

Actually the one night I walked all the way back was the time someone offered me drugs. A guy coming out of Ray’s pizza. That never happened on the subway.

I never felt in danger anywhere. 

Even with everything I did there are still things I didn’t get to like intrepid, tram to Roosevelt island, walk the Brooklyn bridge, dumbo at sunset, walk the entire high line, the library from ghostbusters. I didn’t touch any of the museums so there’s that. I didn’t do a harbor tour. I’d probably like to see yankee stadium and maybe go to one of their games. 

Of course I want to see the Statue of Liberty but I’m holding out for when they re-open the crown. Then there will always be more Broadway shows. Hamilton for sure. I didn’t see all of Central Park. 

I didn’t make a dent in my food list. I really thought I was going to be able to eat a bagel each day. A slice of pizza each day. A hotdog each day..And work in meals. Didn’t happen. 

When I left L.A. I said I probably wouldn’t be back..unless I decide to tour a studio or something. I don’t know what else I would want to do there after the bus tour I took. But I will definitely be back to New York. Just a matter of timing since the cruises are mostly during the summer when prices are up or during football season where I can’t plan far ahead. 

Since I still haven’t booked for next summer which is unusual at this point…return trips to NY or Seattle are possible next summer.

Alaska at the end of July?!?? 😁

• Haha 1

Captain announcement. Sea depth 40k feet. Reminds me of part of a joke Russ nagel does. “Why do pilots tell you how high you are? As long as we’re high enough to clear obstructions I don’t care. Same thing with the ship. I don’t care how deep the water is as long as we stay on top.”

• Like 6
  • Haha 10