Three options for beach day pass...

reno3

We (husband and myself) will be in Roatan in December and looking for a place for a day pass. We are in port from 7:00am - 5:00pm. I have 3 in mind, or if there is another option I haven't listed below. I have looked at other posts and still not sure where is the best for what I'm looking for.

I'm looking to be at a beach where the reef is for best snorkeling. I don't what to walk to another area to get to it. Also, I have read about small boats that if you tip the person they will tow you out to the reef? 

Are all 3 listed below in the same area? Such a big price difference from one to another, am I missing something?

Reserved beach lounger.

It doesn't have to have a pool.

We are not drinkers so alcohol is not a factor.

Would like security and not have vendors come to our loungers.

All 3 listed below offer transportation to and from the ship.

1. Infinity Bay - day pass - $150.00 (though Discover Roatan)

2. Paradise Beach - day pass - $115.00 (though Discover Roatan)

3. West Bay Beach Break - day pass - $70.00 (through Island Marketing)

4 hours ago, reno3 said:

We (husband and myself) will be in Roatan in December and looking for a place for a day pass. We are in port from 7:00am - 5:00pm. I have 3 in mind, or if there is another option I haven't listed below. I have looked at other posts and still not sure where is the best for what I'm looking for.

I'm looking to be at a beach where the reef is for best snorkeling. I don't what to walk to another area to get to it. Also, I have read about small boats that if you tip the person they will tow you out to the reef? 

Are all 3 listed below in the same area? Such a big price difference from one to another, am I missing something?

Reserved beach lounger.

It doesn't have to have a pool.

We are not drinkers so alcohol is not a factor.

Would like security and not have vendors come to our loungers.

All 3 listed below offer transportation to and from the ship.

1. Infinity Bay - day pass - $150.00 (though Discover Roatan)

2. Paradise Beach - day pass - $115.00 (though Discover Roatan)

3. West Bay Beach Break - day pass - $70.00 (through Island Marketing)

I assume the prices are for two people? Where does the Island Marketing go to? Have you tried contacting the resorts directly?

6 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

I assume the prices are for two people? Where does the Island Marketing go to? Have you tried contacting the resorts directly?

Yes, price above is for 2 adults. The site does not say which beach it goes to. I have not contacted any yet, I figured I would try CC first for any personal experiences with the 3.

6 hours ago, reno3 said:

Yes, price above is for 2 adults. The site does not say which beach it goes to. I have not contacted any yet, I figured I would try CC first for any personal experiences with the 3.

Yes both Infinity and Paradise are on West Bay Beach, they do not share a property line but they are very close. Day passes at Infinty have always been higher, maybe because of their amenities. 

The beach hawkers are on the whole of West Bay Beach...they are just trying to feed their families. I find a polite no thank you worls just find. Please remember, you are a guest in their country. 

If reef snorkling steps from your lounger is the goal, Infinty is the answer even with the beach hawkers. 

If I do this right you should see an image.  The red roof is Infinty.. see the green flags in from of it.. that is the channel to the reef. I have never had anyone tow me out, it seems a very short swim to me. 

Enjoy your trip. 

Screen-Shot-2016-06-15-at-4.07.36-PM-960

• Like 1

If you want to walk straight out onto the reef - Infinity is the best place.  Just walk straight into the water and you are on the reef.  Take care - there are many areas where the reef is too shallow to swim over - it will cut you.  You will see lots of fish - close up.  I think they are accustomed to snorkelers - it's easy to get great picks if you have an underwater camera. 

We just stayed at Paradise Beach Resort for 12 days - I snorkeled here almost every day - fabulous.  It is a short walk from Paradise Beach, but walking in the sand in the hot sun, it's definitely not as convenient as Infinity.  Also, there are lots of boats to take you out deeper if you'd like.  But, I just swam out to where the snorkel boats were.  If you are a confident swimmer, you can do this.  But, you need to be watchful as boats come and go and may not see you.  Try the offshore area first, it's really great!

• Like 1