Quick Review - Oasis of the Seas 8/14

Quick review of Oasis of the Seas sailing to Coco Cay and Nassau!

Embarkation - We had early check in time at 10 AM. Drove from hotel nearby and got to the Cape Liberty around 9:30… and it was already quite busy with long line of cars trying to park. Waited about 20-25 minutes before unloading luggage. We were lucky they let us park in the parking garage next to the terminal. Rest of boarding process was smooth we were on the ship by 10:40ish 

Ship - WOWSER! My last ship was Harmony of the Seas back in 2019 and Oasis felt just as newish and amazing.  Solarium is better with a pool and El Loco fresh is a home run! Much better than mini bites on Harmony. Spent a lot of time on pool deck and promenade of course. I did every activity available I think and escape room which was very fun and exciting! Well worth $20

food - tried all complimentary venue at least twice and I found food to be good to very good consistently. I never had “bad” or “tasteless” food. Lobster night was heavenly 🙂

Entertainment - Ice show was amazing magic show was entertaining and Aqua 80 might just be the beat aqua show in the fleet. It was that good.  Cats-  I fell asleep.

room - regular oceanview balcony which served its purpose. Clean and well maintained. 

ports - Port Canaveral- stayed on ship

Coco Cay - we did a waterpark and had a blast!!!! Rode Daredevil Peak 6 times.  It goes down so fast my back hurts little bit. Checked out South Beach which was calm and beautiful.

weather - Literally perfect. I have not seen a single drop of a rain all week. 

complaints - can they increase the speed and get to Port Canaveral around 9 or at least 10 am?? It is a complete waste of time - too short to go to Orlando and/or do KSC.

pool deck was crazy packed and busy but it was expected so.. not a real complaint.

leaving from NJ was so cool!! I would do this cruise again in a heartbeat.

• Like 4

My DW, DD, DGD (6YO) and I all sail on Oasis on 16th Oct and cannot wait. It is our DD and DGD first ever cruise and we are so happy it will be on such a great ship. We will be getting transport from NY on the morning of the 16th to the terminal, is it easy to be dropped off to get into the terminal? 

I'm on Oasis on Sunday. I'm going by myself, and driving up. Do you have to wait in the line of cars to drop off luggage, or can I bypass that and go straight to parking (garage or lot) and then wheel my suitcase back and drop it off? Since it's just me and my one bag I think that might be faster if it's allowed. I realize it might be a bit of a walk.

I was on the same cruise as the OP.  Agree with their comments for the most part, though I thought the food was slightly subpar by Royal standards, particularly in Main Dining Room. Two other things of note on this cruise:

1. I was rarely greeted or acknowledged by members of the crew that I passed on the ship.  It was almost as if they were told not to initiate conversation or acknowledge guests (I can't believe this to be the case, it just seemed that way).  This was quite different than my experiences in the past on Royal ships. I made a point of saying Good Morning, etc. to all crew and generally received a friendly response after initiating the conversation. Just odd. 

2. The amount of soliciting and hawking of various things to buy was at an all time high.  Tough times for the industry so I understand, but be prepared for it.