Royal Caribbean credit card question

We have a cruise booked for Nov 2023.  Our last one was April 2018.  I know after 5 years you start losing points per month.  Do you think they will waive that if I call and ask since the whole covid thing disrupted so much cruising?  Anyone have any luck with this?  Trying to get as much onboard credit as possible.

1 hour ago, Ravensfan1973 said:

We have a cruise booked for Nov 2023.  Our last one was April 2018.  I know after 5 years you start losing points per month.  Do you think they will waive that if I call and ask since the whole covid thing disrupted so much cruising?  Anyone have any luck with this?  Trying to get as much onboard credit as possible.

Buy something using the card. Unless I'm wrong it's  5 yrs not using the card at all.  

My same problem!!!   I am going to try that line too.  I agree 100% you and I should not be penalized for not using our points when the darn government shut down cruising forever!!!   There was no alternative for us!   

I asked RC about it recently and was told  that is up to the banking company that has the cards if we get our points.  So I will be calling again to try to use them, but I fear we are going to get a HUGE RUN-AROUND  on the disappearing points!!  

In 2015 I booked our family of 19 in balconies paying for everything with 2 Royal credit cards, and continued to build up points.  Used some in 2019 for onboard credit for a 7 nt cruise.  (We took 5 cruises, total 10 weeks in 2019, and completed 2 weeks in Feb. 2020 on another cruise line, just b4 covid locked us up forever!)

Our 1st cruise was end of March this year, with another in mid-July, both of those on Princess.  Have an RC cruise booked 2 months from now & want to use points for onboard credit for drinks!

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 1:03 AM, Cruisin Kay D said:

My same problem!!!   I am going to try that line too.  I agree 100% you and I should not be penalized for not using our points when the darn government shut down cruising forever!!!   There was no alternative for us!   

I asked RC about it recently and was told  that is up to the banking company that has the cards if we get our points.  So I will be calling again to try to use them, but I fear we are going to get a HUGE RUN-AROUND  on the disappearing points!!  

In 2015 I booked our family of 19 in balconies paying for everything with 2 Royal credit cards, and continued to build up points.  Used some in 2019 for onboard credit for a 7 nt cruise.  (We took 5 cruises, total 10 weeks in 2019, and completed 2 weeks in Feb. 2020 on another cruise line, just b4 covid locked us up forever!)

Our 1st cruise was end of March this year, with another in mid-July, both of those on Princess.  Have an RC cruise booked 2 months from now & want to use points for onboard credit for drinks!

My travel agent told me to call the # on back of card.  I guess it's worth a shot.