Using OBC for crew appreciation

bebe08

HI All, we will soon be going on our third HAL cruise but its the first time that we will have a decent amount of OBC.  Can we use it to pay the crew appreciation?  Our cruise already includes 2 specialty dinners, wifi and beverage package so don't need it for any of those things.  Excursions are already booked and paid for.  We will probably use some for a spa treatment but will likely still have some left over.

TIA!

If not you can always go to excursion desk once on board and cancel excursions and rebook. They will credit back to pre-board card (or how you prepaid for them) and deduct from onboard credit. Just make sure they are not waitlisted so you don't lose them and check that prices onboard haven't increased from prepaid price. 

Thank you for this information.  I tried to pay the Gratuities now for our November 5 cruise and pay with Holland Gift Card.  Holland's website stated I had to pay with credit card.  I will just use the gift card for OBC, then pay gratuities once on board!  

Problem solved!  Thank you again!

• Like 1

I think it was on my first sailing since the restart (Eurodam, November 2021).  I had some OBC left over and went to the service desk asking to have it added to the service charge for my cabin stewards.  I was told I could not do that (it was like asking for a refund in cash).

I'm not a shopper, but I went to the shop and bought a pair of earrings I didn't really want. 😒