NCL Bliss Live Review 8/27/22 - 9/3/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

BennyBrun

So I lined up for the exit at 7AM long line already … I exited the terminal around 7:30 AM and caught the first shuttle that finished loading and made it to the airport at 8AM.  I got the bags really quick because last on first bag off.  I made it through TSA in five minutes because if CLEAR and now at the club having coffee and eggs waiting for my flight at 10 AM.  I overheard someone trying to catch the 9:30 flight was on line with me on the Bliss and they had lots of bags and a big group.  I really would not recommend that because there is a long walk from where they drop you off that you have to walk to get to the terminal then the security line for regular TSA was really long ( you can make an appointment online for screening not sure if there is a fee) the check in counter lines for the airlines were also very long you really don’t have much time for error if you don’t catch the first bus.  They also don’t load the bus full because of luggage space underneath… don’t be too ambitious and miss your flight back …

1042C0A8-C3EC-45D6-B23B-C1B9FFCCC0B0.jpeg

5AB3E90D-1715-4F94-BBFA-D05DB691EF74.jpeg

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

NCL's Waterfront is THE gamechanger for me.

I seriously LOVE this feature they have on the Breakaway & Breakaway+ ships (Prima) too.

This, the surprisingly good food and the amazing entertainment has me sold.

It really is nice … unfortunately you don’t get too much use on this cruise in Alaska because it’s really cold at night.. I think they only used it once this trip when we were in BC.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

The airport transfer from the ship… if you buy on NCL it’s $27.00 PP of you buy it at the terminal is $20.00 PP same bus !  Go figure!

It's supply and demand.  Last October, the "in the terminal" price was more like $15 per person.  I'm sure on some cruises, it's full price or "no vacancy."  We took the reduced price last fall, but decided it would be Uber/Lyft from now on.  So much nicer than taking that NCL cattle car.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It's supply and demand.  Last October, the "in the terminal" price was more like $15 per person.  I'm sure on some cruises, it's full price or "no vacancy."  We took the reduced price last fall, but decided it would be Uber/Lyft from now on.  So much nicer than taking that NCL cattle car.

Definitely… if you have a tight flight schedule Uber / Lyft it does take a while … today the timing was perfect … everything was aligned next time might not be so lucky!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Garden Cafe 

Oriental night!

F158281A-B1C1-4783-8886-F2DEE0F6E0C4.jpeg

96F9C519-236A-4F90-A86B-D11BDF5B423C.jpeg

A5615321-08BA-40F5-9AE4-2FA82EA6471B.jpeg

07905CD1-2166-4D02-9423-B249228F6249.jpeg

047EB0E9-9D3B-4FC7-94EB-8CC1A259479F.jpeg

E7D790A4-8581-40E8-A646-71653A443BAC.jpeg

C592E6D8-811A-4966-9479-843D39DFEAD8.jpeg

0022BEFC-D888-4117-973F-769C1BF54E10.jpeg

A798977D-D091-4DEE-8DB9-F9D0AB590BA3.jpeg

00EEE59F-D128-4E7F-97EB-2579BC283157.jpeg

C0DDD5D3-2665-4573-B8F0-BB17ED7400E5.jpeg

Looks so good.  Food totally done differently 

than other cruise lines.  I love it!!

So sad  it's the end of the cruise.

You did a fantastic job at posting,

really enjoyed all the amazing photos and reviews.

Thanks again.

Safe travels home.

Edited by LATTELOVE
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

The airport transfer from the ship… if you buy on NCL it’s $27.00 PP of you buy it at the terminal is $20.00 PP same bus !  Go figure!

So, if we're not in a hurry to get to Seatac, do you suggest we go outside and check out the NCL bus hoping for a cheap price. If no vacancy, then we just Uber? We're carry-on only so it's not a luggage issue for us.

Thanks again for the awesome review!

~Denise

• Like 1

Thanks for the review, you did a great job! I am wondering if you happened to notice if there was a noodle bar in the buffet. We were on the inaugural transatlantic cruise on Bliss and there was a noodle bar then. I tried looking at the pictures to see if I could see it but I could not. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LATTELOVE said:

Looks so good.  Food totally done differently 

than other cruise lines.  I love it!!

So sad  it's the end of the cruise.

You did a fantastic job at posting,

really enjoyed all the amazing photos and reviews.

Thanks again.

Safe travels home.

Thanks so much!  Yeap and I like a little variety here and there!!  The food on the Bliss is amazing!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sundiego said:

So, if we're not in a hurry to get to Seatac, do you suggest we go outside and check out the NCL bus hoping for a cheap price. If no vacancy, then we just Uber? We're carry-on only so it's not a luggage issue for us.

Thanks again for the awesome review!

~Denise

So they offer a FREE Valet service for your luggage if you have a later flight.  You have to sign up and then they will take your bags and drop your bags at the airline for you so you don’t have to worry about a thing.

There are continuous bus loading to the airport so yeap I would check for a lower price if you are in no rush and have a back up ready.  However if you have 3 or more it is more economical to use Uber / Lyft but you can do the math when you are ready!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bronx12 said:

Thanks for the review, you did a great job! I am wondering if you happened to notice if there was a noodle bar in the buffet. We were on the inaugural transatlantic cruise on Bliss and there was a noodle bar then. I tried looking at the pictures to see if I could see it but I could not. 

Yeap there is a noodle bar at the buffet… this was a very Indian food heavy so the noodle bar was on the opposite side.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mlibbydp said:

Thank you so much for bringing us along on your virtual cruise. I'm so excited to embark in 27.5 days!!

Have a fantastic cruise … in 27.5 days I will be on the Oasis sailing into the Caribbean somewhere warm!  I hope you have great weather!

• Like 2

Thank you Benny for what has to be one of the best live trip reports ever.  Perfect timing for us as we will be going on Bliss for the first time in November.  Your trip report was so good that we are already planning another trip on the Bliss to Alaska next September.  As mentioned in an earlier post, you went above and beyond.  Thanks again for taking the time to do this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1