Recommendations please for Amsterdam hotel for one night post-cruise (not at airport)

My wife and I will be taking a 3-week Norway cruise next summer RT out of Amsterdam.  Prior to that, we will be spending nearly a week in Amsterdam at a highly rated hotel along one of the canals.   We’ll be flying home (to the U.S.) the day after we disembark, and are looking for recommendations for one night in a hotel in Amsterdam (it will be a Saturday) where we can just drop our bags after leaving the ship (it will be too early for check-in), and have a fairly restful day, a good lunch somewhere, and dinner.

Since we’ll have been gone for nearly a month, I’m sure we’ll be pretty exhausted by then and so we don’t expect this to be a sightseeing day; however, we don’t want to hang out at an airport hotel for an entire day either.   We’ll also be needing to leave for Schiphol early the next morning (Sunday), and I’m not sure if that should influence which part of Amsterdam we should stay in. 

I’d appreciate any recommendations.   Thanks!

I've stayed at the Marriott and the Renaissance and like both (Marriott guy...). The Marriott is close to the Museumplein and the Renaissance is relatively close to Centraal. If you've already been to the museums, the Renaissance has more of a neighborhood feel (Or did. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...). There were cute little neighborhood restaurants close by, a really nice Dutch pancake place, etc. And it was an easy cab ride to Schiphol, especially early in the morning. Check it out on Google Maps and look at the area. It's also not far from the cruise terminal.

I'm sure there are a lot of nice non-chain places, but that just jumps out at me. 

Doubletree near Centraal Station also is a good location with a nice bar with view over the city. Close to the cruise terminal too.

• 6 months later...
On 8/26/2022 at 4:00 AM, Ine said:

Doubletree near Centraal Station also is a good location with a nice bar with view over the city. Close to the cruise terminal too.

Is this convenient for sightseeing?  (Looking for pre-cruise hotel and prefer a Marriott or Hilton to use points).  Thanks!

13 hours ago, cpl100 said:

Is this convenient for sightseeing?  (Looking for pre-cruise hotel and prefer a Marriott or Hilton to use points).  Thanks!

Amsterdam is very walkable and has excellent public transportation. At  Centraal Station you will find trams (streetcars) and buses into all directions, also some canalcruises from there.. If you prefer musea like Rijks or Stedelijk then Marriott is closer, however farther away from the cruise terminal. Check e.g. Google maps for locations.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We stayed at the Masion and loved it!   Good location!   But if you TA quick get in and out May want the Marriott!   Have fun!   We are in Copenhagen and doing Norway next week!   Surprised we have not crossed paths on one of these dam ships!

4 hours ago, Crusin-Suzan said:

We stayed at the Masion and loved it!   Good location!   But if you TA quick get in and out May want the Marriott!   Have fun!   We are in Copenhagen and doing Norway next week!   Surprised we have not crossed paths on one of these dam ships!

Thanks.  Will look into it.  We loved Copenhagan even though with the daily rain.  Have an absolute blast!