Orient Beach

ValerieJo

It's been many years since we have been to Orient Beach (pre-hurricane).   Has the area been rebuilt with bars and restaurants?   About how much is taxi fare from the port to Orient Beach?  Any additional information we should know?  Thanks.

On 8/26/2022 at 4:51 PM, ValerieJo said:

It's been many years since we have been to Orient Beach (pre-hurricane).   Has the area been rebuilt with bars and restaurants?   About how much is taxi fare from the port to Orient Beach?  Any additional information we should know?  Thanks.

Coco Beach Bar is the best by far IMHO.  Taxi $30 e/w Coco is far, far north of the nudist section.

Plenty of taxis there and back.  Your outward driver will be pleased to bring you back at at time required

• Thanks 1

We are planning a cruise in October with a stop in St. Martin, and a visit to the nude beach side on Orient beach. We were there late last year and wondering if Colin is still there renting chairs/umbrellas.

He used to work for Pedro's and as of our last visit rents chairs close to where Pedro's and the rock wall used to be.

We've heard he was no longer there. Can anybody confirm? We know further down the nude beach there is another gentleman, Cedric, who takes care of rentals there, but we're wondering if Colin is still there.

On 8/28/2022 at 9:17 AM, KK847 said:

We are planning a cruise in October with a stop in St. Martin, and a visit to the nude beach side on Orient beach. We were there late last year and wondering if Colin is still there renting chairs/umbrellas.

He used to work for Pedro's and as of our last visit rents chairs close to where Pedro's and the rock wall used to be.

We've heard he was no longer there. Can anybody confirm? We know further down the nude beach there is another gentleman, Cedric, who takes care of rentals there, but we're wondering if Colin is still there.

My Wife and I will be in St Maartin next month, also visiting orient beach but no the nude portion as my wife does tan topless but rather not be on nude side. Are there any rentals near that area for chairs and ubmbrellas?

5 hours ago, wolft927 said:

My Wife and I will be in St Maartin next month, also visiting orient beach but no the nude portion as my wife does tan topless but rather not be on nude side. Are there any rentals near that area for chairs and ubmbrellas?

Yes.  There are lots of places that are not clothing optional at which to rent chairs and umbrellas.  Orient Beach is about 1.3 miles - the C/O section is about 0.25 miles.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We've been to Orient Beach (not the nude side) several times.  It is one of our favorite places while we are on a cruise.  Last March we walked along the beach and decided to get chairs and umbrellas at the Le String beach bar/restaurant.  We went in there for lunch and all I can say is "WOW!".  The food was amazing.  My husband had a seafood pasta dish and I had a Chicken Marsala pasta dish.  Both were phenomenal!!!  Not very expensive either.  I had a wonderful glass of Rose' that was only $5 (us).  We did not know this at the time, but I've heard if you are going to eat there, then they do not charge for the chaises.  Not sure about this.  Anyway, I highly recommend!!

• Thanks 1