Book cruise 3 days before Canadian sailing, any tips.

redroses

Family member wants to go on Sept 24th (SAT) Ruby cruise from SF to Canada, they live locally and can drive.   For various reasons, they will know on Sept 20th (Tues) if they can go.

1. Is that enough time to buy the cruise? 

2. They will need a proctored test for ArriveCan and I've seen some reputable for 20 online. They are vaxxed.

Thanks for any help. 

9 minutes ago, redroses said:

Family member wants to go on Sept 24th (SAT) Ruby cruise from SF to Canada, they live locally and can drive.   For various reasons, they will know on Sept 20th (Tues) if they can go.

1. Is that enough time to buy the cruise? 

2. They will need a proctored test for ArriveCan and I've seen some reputable for 20 online. They are vaxxed.

Thanks for any help. 

They can put a free courtesy hold on whichever cabin they want to book on Sept 17th.  If it turns out they cannot go, then the cabin just frees up with no cost to them.  If they can go, they'll be able to make payment in full on the cabin they wanted.

Booking close to sail date might not be available. They take a chance.  Putting cruise on hold that close to sail date requires payment within a day or two.

Tell them to call for availability.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, dog said:

Booking close to sail date might not be available. They take a chance.  Putting cruise on hold that close to sail date requires payment within a day or two.

Tell them to call for availability.

Thanks, @dog I just double checked by doing a mock booking for a cruise leaving September 3, and it only permits a courtesy hold that would expire today.  @redroses please disregard my post, they cannot put in a courtesy hold that close to sailing date.  Thanks again dog for making that correction.  My bad.   ☹️