Arriving later than assigned check-in time

jdkbrim

I've searched the boards and can only find information/experiences of people arriving to the port earlier than their assigned check-in times.  I have been assigned an 11am check-in time for the Divina from Port Canaveral in a few weeks.  However, my shuttle from my airport hotel to the port is not scheduled to pick me up until 11:15am (I cannot change the time).  Obviously, I will not make it to the port until after Noon.  My cruise documents say that my check-in closes one hour after 11am.  I am assuming that I might have to wait longer than normal to check-in.  But, I just want to confirm that I won't be denied boarding.  I know that embarkation closes 2 hours before the ship’s sailing.  I am not concerned about that, just whether or not there will be a major problem if I don't arrive during my 1 hour assigned boarding window.

8 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

If you arrive early you get on the ship quicker and get more margaritas. If you arrive a little late you get on the ship and get fewer margaritas. 😀

Dennis

Love it!

I've seen people who arrive after their assigned boarding time go right on the ship, others being asked to wait, but I've never seen anyone denied boarding as long as they make the posted cut off.   Assigned times are common now, because of Covid, there is a real need to make it so not everyone shows up in the same waiting space at the same time.

There is no problem whatsoever with being later than the assigned time... However on any cruise line there is a cut off time, I believe one hour before sailing where you can be denied boarding due to the line and customs finalising the passenger lists. 

When boarding Seashore last Saturday, it appeared to me yet again that boarding times were ignored. The terminal was jam packed cheek by jowl starting at 11:00 until boarding actual boarding began about 12:40 PM.

Remember that checking in is not the same as actually having access to the ship.