What do I need to bring to play a app from my iPad to my cabin TV?

Cruiseoholic000

10 hours ago, t18c97 said:

I tried a universal remote that used to work on the Oasis of the Seas to change inputs. I tried it on my Samsung TV’s at home before I left and they worked fine there. But on the ship it would not change the input, other buttons works but not input.

Follow instruction above.  Actually after you press the cc on ships remote you can use the source button on your Samsung remote or just follow instructions on video

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Follow instruction above.  Actually after you press the cc on ships remote you can use the source button on your Samsung remote or just follow instructions on video

Wish I would have know this last week. 

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Jim, I have used my Apple HDMI Lightning Adapter with my Samsung remote on Caribbean cruises with no problem, but I haven't been to Europe in a while and we're sailing for 19 days.  Have you had any problem streaming in Europe?  DH downloads a lot, but we stream everyday. 

On 8/29/2022 at 6:04 PM, Jim_Iain said:

The new TV's are more of a monitor than a TV of the past that need them enabled.  I'm currently on Summit and using my Roku -

The most difficult part is getting to the ports -  in the upper suite they are in a box on the wall and only about 4"-5" to get your hand in and try to plug the hdmi device in. 

I did a short video on how you access and select the Source -  

This video is awesome. How do you get the roku on to the wifi (particularly the Celebrity Summit?) Do you use a travel router or your phone to mirror as a hotspot?

• 9 months later...
On 8/31/2022 at 8:54 AM, Jim_Iain said:

On the Summit now (in The Retreat but that should not make a difference.) I actually brought a universal remote to change the source so that I could use Smart View to cast from my Samsung tablet. This USED to work, but this time it would not.

However my fantastic room steward showed me how to get there on the Celebrity cabin remote and then made me swear we never had the conversation. 😂

CC > Menu > Support > Source 

Smart View working like a dream. 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2022 at 4:28 AM, shirazcruiser said:

Jim, I have used my Apple HDMI Lightning Adapter with my Samsung remote on Caribbean cruises with no problem, but I haven't been to Europe in a while and we're sailing for 19 days.  Have you had any problem streaming in Europe?  DH downloads a lot, but we stream everyday. 

Depends on what your streaming.   I believe if you download you won't have a problem.  The problem may arise if your streaming provider doesn't allow live streaming outside the U.S.  It that case you can usually use a VPN to spoof location.

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2022 at 5:28 PM, ChrisNY2 said:

This video is awesome. How do you get the roku on to the wifi (particularly the Celebrity Summit?) Do you use a travel router or your phone to mirror as a hotspot?

Roku uses a native app within that gives you a code and you use your phone to connect to your ROKU and then can log on.   The only problem I have with this is that I mostly use YouTube TV and they don't allow broadcast outside the US so I need a travel router in the middle to provide spoofing of my location.

image.thumb.png.c3440790b0c3fed928e0212cffaee7da.png

image.thumb.png.1e6d17cbd448af0030521fd5b783017b.png

Edited by Jim_Iain