New Cruise deposit cancellation penalty

11 hours ago, Profco said:

We just booked a cruise 2 weeks ago directly with a Regent cruise planner and were told that the $100 pp penalty if we cancelled 121+ days in advance could be applied to a future cruise. 

Correct.  But only one time.  So if you cancel, and book a new cruise it'll show as $100 FCC.  If you cancel the second cruise, you lose the $100 FCC regardless of booking another cruise or not. 

12 hours ago, Profco said:

We just booked a cruise 2 weeks ago directly with a Regent cruise planner and were told that the $100 pp penalty if we cancelled 121+ days in advance could be applied to a future cruise. 

My very well-connected TA placed a courtesy hold three days ago. She said the $100 admin fee is no longer converted to a future cruise credit if you cancel.
The Black Friday prices are fantastic. I thought that low, low price would be applicable to a 0% single supplement cruise that I am looking at: July 25, 2020 Reykjavík to London on Splendor. Unless I can find a companionable female to share a state room with me, I will have to let it expire. I’ve asked all my girlfriends and no one is available. 
if anyone has any suggestions for me, my email is in my signature line

14 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Correct.  But only one time.  So if you cancel, and book a new cruise it'll show as $100 FCC.  If you cancel the second cruise, you lose the $100 FCC regardless of booking another cruise or not. 

Well, I don’t think that is unreasonable personally. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 12:01 AM, Profco said:

I heard that is no longer the case.  If you cancel you get a refund of the deposit you paid minus $100 per person.  And no fcc for that $100.  You just lose it.

6 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

I heard that is no longer the case.  If you cancel you get a refund of the deposit you paid minus $100 per person.  And no fcc for that $100.  You just lose it.

My extremely well connected TA inquired just this week for me and she was told the same thing! 🤔

15 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

If you cancel you get a refund of the deposit you paid minus $100 per person.  And no fcc for that $100.  You just lose it.

One of the long standing benefits of "booking onboard" was a one-time ability to change your cruise to another sailing.  You could change at any time with no penalty, and retain all of the original benefits.  Can you ask the Cruise Consultant onboard if that is still the case, given the new Penalty policy.  TIA.

1 hour ago, Anchorbuoy said:

One of the long standing benefits of "booking onboard" was a one-time ability to change your cruise to another sailing.  You could change at any time with no penalty, and retain all of the original benefits.  Can you ask the Cruise Consultant onboard if that is still the case, given the new Penalty policy.  TIA.

I just did an onboard booking and was told that what you describe is still the case