MSC DISCLAIMER: NO CASH SETTLEMENT

morpheusofthesea

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

When one presses the link "Discover more" in the above email

Settling Your Final Bill

You can settle your final bill in any of the following three ways:

By credit card

The following credit cards are accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners, JCB, Discover and American Express. If you choose to pay by credit card, your account will be closed automatically at the end of the cruise, so there is no need to go to the Reception – Guest Service.

By debit or prepaid card 

You should make sure that your debit/prepaid card is enabled for use abroad. The following debit cards are accepted: Maestro, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard debit Any amount debited to your card and not spent during your cruise will be reimbursed in cash at the Reception - Guest Service on the final morning before disembarkation.

Cash

Any amount deposited in cash and not spent during the cruise will be reimbursed in cash at the Reception - Guest Service on the final morning before disembarkation. Please note that personal checks are not accepted. For cruises in the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Antilles, Dubai, the Emirates and Oman, as well as MSC Grand Voyages departing from Europe, the onboard currency is the Euro (€). For cruises in the Caribbean, South America and South Africa, as well as MSC Grand Voyages going to Europe and to Australia, the onboard currency is the US Dollar ($).

Europe: EC Regulation 1889/2005 states that: “Any natural person entering or leaving the Community and carrying cash of a value of Euro 10,000 or more shall declare that sum to the competent authorities of the Member state through which he is entering or leaving the Community in accordance with this Regulation”.

Please consult your travel agent and/or the relevant authorities (embassies, consulates or other local authorities) to find out whether there are any other restrictions to carrying cash on your itinerary.

So let me see if I understand this…it’s okay to bring thousands of dollars on board to deposit in the machine…only spend a tenth of that amount and they’ll give you the balance back in cash at guest services?

Makes “MSC” sense I suppose 😬

I have 23 holds on my credit card from a Cruise last week on Seashore

Also TWO cleared transactions for folio bill run TWICE whilst on ship 

Not only did YC run our card on day 4 for a big chunk they ran it again on day 6. 
Needless to say my available credit on my card is twice as less as it should be as MSC are holding 23 transactions after 6 days.

Not only did them running the card on Day 4 cause us to have to ring our bank and get card unblocked as the charge on Day 4 and all the holds flagged a suspicious activity alert with our Credit card company-.

Just lucky JD in YC let us use ship phone to call credit card company on Day 4 and again on Day 6 as more holds and a second charge we’re made which caused a second suspicious activity alert.

MSC NEED TO SORT THIS CLUSTER DUCK of a mess out soon, if they want repeat USA customers.

No one should run a card mid way through a cruise and keep so many holds on an account when charges have clearly been made and CLEARED.

MSC you have a great product and we had a really great cruise, but this charging and holding and credit card and cash malarkey will be your downfall.

Every time we were at concierge desk, someone had an issue with a credit card being blocked or charges that were wrong.

The whole credit card fiasco left a sour taste which otherwise was very sweet.

8 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Not only did YC run our card on day 4 for a big chunk they ran it again on day 6. 
Needless to say my available credit on my card is twice as less as it should be as MSC are holding 23 transactions after 6 days.

Not only did them running the card on Day 4 cause us to have to ring our bank and get card unblocked as the charge on Day 4 and all the holds flagged a suspicious activity alert with our Credit card company-.

Just lucky JD in YC let us use ship phone to call credit card company on Day 4 and again on Day 6 as more holds and a second charge we’re made which caused a second suspicious activity alert.

MSC NEED TO SORT THIS CLUSTER DUCK of a mess out soon, if they want repeat USA customers.

No one should run a card mid way through a cruise and keep so many holds on an account when charges have clearly been made and CLEARED.

MSC you have a great product and we had a really great cruise, but this charging and holding and credit card and cash malarkey will be your downfall.

Every time we were at concierge desk, someone had an issue with a credit card being blocked or charges that were wrong.

I would just give them a call.

They can't screw up your cruise now, just your credit 🙄.

I hope you have your receipt of charges. You may need it,if any of the holds becomes a charge.

15 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Wow, I just forwarded it to the Massachusetts attorney general.

Will see what they say about that.

The Mass AG could do something if MSC does business in their state. Otherwise it would be up to federal regulators or each individual state, specifically Fl in this case. Add NY to the mix next year.

Edited by Tierun

32 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

These holds occurred on my June sailing as well.  They were on my CC for over a week.  I think the pending charges length is set by your CC company.  But I agree they need to get this addressed.  

59 minutes ago, Tierun said:

The Mass AG could do something if MSC does business in their state. Otherwise it would be up to federal regulators or each individual state, specifically Fl in this case. Add NY to the mix next year.

MSC does business in every state by allowing you to book online or over the phone.

At that point they get your address.

Overnight a money order and your booked.

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I would just give them a call.

They can't screw up your cruise now, just your credit 🙄.

I hope you have your receipt of charges. You may need it,if any of the holds becomes a charge.

We have all the print outs of charges and bank credit card print out of the 23 holds and 2 charges.

Also have a screen shot of the App showing ZERO balance 

Always like to have evidence, as I had heard of issues with this sort of thing on MSC prior to sailing.

And a record of the two phone calls made from ship to credit card from YC concierge.

I have heard their customer service is pretty poor

9 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

This happened to us on Royal Caribbean a number of years ago it took us over a month to get it sorted out. 

What we did after that was get a “travel” credit card that we use solely for this purpose. We requested that we have a low $1500 credit limit. 

If the cruise line tries to put a hold higher than that amount we get called to guest services and stop the bleeding immediately. 
I highly recommend doing this. 

• Like 1