Does ALLURE of the seas have obstructed oceanview balconies??

Hi all.  Hoping ive maangd to post this in the correct place  First time posting and first time cruiser. I'm looking to book Allure of the seas tonight but I cant find this information anywhere.

Does Allure have any obstructed oceanview balconies? I'm saving quite a bit by choosing "Guaranteed ocean view balcony" vs choosing my own cabin. But I wouldnt want an obstructed view. If so what exactly does that mean?

Any help is so appreciated!

Never been in one, as I like to choose where I am.  I always do either a balcony near the Diamond Lounge or this past week just around the corner from Central Park.   But having looked at her from port it is obvious that one floor is clearly obstructed by all the life boats and the ones above would have obstruction below you.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Shand9219 said:

Hi all.  Hoping ive maangd to post this in the correct place  First time posting and first time cruiser. I'm looking to book Allure of the seas tonight but I cant find this information anywhere.

Does Allure have any obstructed oceanview balconies? I'm saving quite a bit by choosing "Guaranteed ocean view balcony" vs choosing my own cabin. But I wouldnt want an obstructed view. If so what exactly does that mean?

There are no oceanview balconies that are obstructed on any of the Oasis class ships

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Shand9219 said:

Make double sure it's a oceanview balcony and  not a general balcony which would include inside view balconys. There are more than one kind of gty balconys for this class ship.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Make double sure it's a oceanview balcony and  not a general balcony which would include inside view balconys. There are more than one kind of gty balconys for this class ship.

I thought the same thing but the OP did say Guaranteed Ocean View Balcony.  I noticed on Royals web site for booking Allure they show a picture of a OV balcony but the print to the side says enjoy one of our neighborhood balcony views. As long as he doesn't  get a XN he should be ok.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies everyone really appreciate it. I ended up booking an oceanview and picked a room to be safe. First cruise overplanning, went for a FWD room. Slightly second guessing my choice wondering if it might be too much motion but hopefully all is well. 

On 8/30/2022 at 9:46 PM, 3yorkies said:

Never been in one, as I like to choose where I am.  I always do either a balcony near the Diamond Lounge or this past week just around the corner from Central Park.   But having looked at her from port it is obvious that one floor is clearly obstructed by all the life boats and the ones above would have obstruction below you.

Yeah I agree from looking at the deck plans I thought the same thing. Id imagine the odds of getting one of those with "guarantee" would be high? And I want to see the ocean. I've went for 10144. Thanks for the reply

Edited by Shand9219

8 minutes ago, Shand9219 said:

Yeah I agree from looking at the deck plans I thought the same thing. Id imagine the odds of getting one of those with "guarantee" would be high? And I want to see the ocean. I've went for 10144. Thanks for the reply

10144 is a great pic.  One little tip some new cruisers never pick up on. Free breakfast at Johny Rockets before 10:30am. Allure is awesome,  she has always been one of our favorites. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

10144 is a great pic.  One little tip some new cruisers never pick up on. Free breakfast at Johny Rockets before 10:30am. Allure is awesome,  she has always been one of our favorites. 

Thanks so much for the tip, I will remember this. I didn't realise there was a free breakfast there at all. It looks beautiful but such a big ship to get to grips with