Post cruise survey no longer addresses CC

MagnoliaBlossom

I received my post cruise survey yesterday regarding my Star cruise last week.    The content is changed slightly, no surprise,but as I recall, in the past there was a question that read something like (don’t flame me if I get this  wrong, please). “Are you aware of the site Cruise Critic?  Do you post on this site?”    That was not on the survey I received.   Has anyone else noticed this?

I can imagine that surveys can change frequently based on what it is an entity is trying to study.   The moment certain forms were published, a researcher was looking at cause and effect of controversy on CC for example

A survey isn’t just a way for 4 or 5 people to read and then sit around and be agog at what they’ve read.  They are a data collection tool in the scientific method to help generate illustrations, like a Pearson’s Correlational graph for instance, to aid researchers in reporting back to stockholders how they are addressing certain challenges.  This is a random example of a Pearson’s.  

So for an issue to appear and disappear suddenly from published surveys shouldn’t come as a shock to anyone.  It isn’t something any company means for anyone to take personally or to inflate anyone’s sense of importance.  I would be more surprised if a company never changed the topics in their data collection.  That would be a sign of complacence.  

E3F62420-1E5C-43C1-BD6A-278BEC9B11F2.png

Edited by MotownVoice

I understand the methodology of surveys, I mentioned it because when the CC first appeared a few years ago, I thought it interesting.and now that it’s disappeared that caught my eye as well.  I hate excessively long surveys - my local medical center sends surveys that are mind numbing lay long and have for quite some time skipped to the last comment section and told them I’d not answer an entire survey until they pared it down to something a normal person could do in three to five minutes.  

this one seemed to be well constructed and not overly long.