Upgrades a thing of the past?

choochella

You occasionally see people being upgraded (a lot of them to Concierge and Aqua Class). Some people have also reported that they bid via MoveUp and were assigned a higher category cabin/suite than they bid for. Some get upgraded on board for cabin defects and other issues. Of course it's very easy to upgrade when ships sail(ed) at half capacity which is now increasingly becoming a thing of the past.

I was upgraded on my January Reflection cruise from a standard verandah stateroom to a SV.  I was told that category is not included in the MoveUp program because there are so few SVs.  Instead I went to guest services when I boarded and got the upgrade.  I believe it was because we sailed at about 1/3 capacity.  

The MoveUp program has been successful. Aside of an extenuating circumstance, you have virtually no chance of getting a free upgrade. 

2 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

I was upgraded on my January Reflection cruise from a standard verandah stateroom to a SV.  I was told that category is not included in the MoveUp program because there are so few SVs.  Instead I went to guest services when I boarded and got the upgrade.  I believe it was because we sailed at about 1/3 capacity.  

SV's are definitely available with a MoveUP bid. On E class ships it may be slightly different since SV's are booked solid, but I don't see why they would withhold them. Someone will cancel or upgrade elsewhere along the way. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 9.02.23 AM.png

It was Celebrity that I called to ask about the move up to a SV.  They advised they were not included but to ask when I boarded.  Glad I did since it was a freebie.  I typically book a SV; but on this cruise, the difference in cost was substantial which is why I took the regular balcony when I booked.

P.S.  Go Cubs (well, next year!!!)