Re-fare/Military OBC

cruisetravlr

We have a cruise booked on the NS for next Feb. After booking, we submitted for our military OBC and received it. When I noticed our cruise fare had dropped, I requested a re-fare from our PCC for the lower rate. When she did this, we lost our military OBC. I have tried re-submitting but it’s been 2 weeks and have not heard anything. Is it possible that since I am using the same booking number that it’s being rejected? Should I contact my PCC on this or is there another way to handle it? Original request was under my husband’s name. New request is also in his name. I, too, am a veteran. Would it help to submit it in my name or not because it’s still the same booking number?

41 minutes ago, cruisetravlr said:

We have a cruise booked on the NS for next Feb. After booking, we submitted for our military OBC and received it. When I noticed our cruise fare had dropped, I requested a re-fare from our PCC for the lower rate. When she did this, we lost our military OBC. I have tried re-submitting but it’s been 2 weeks and have not heard anything. Is it possible that since I am using the same booking number that it’s being rejected? Should I contact my PCC on this or is there another way to handle it? Original request was under my husband’s name. New request is also in his name. I, too, am a veteran. Would it help to submit it in my name or not because it’s still the same booking number?

The same thing happened to us. My husband is the veteran. I re-applied for the military credit and it was added to my re-fared booking. Same booking number and still under my husband’s name. It happened within a day or two. We don’t have a PCC. I do all bookings myself. Maybe re-apply? It shouldn’t be a problem. 

21 minutes ago, dmcfad2 said:

The same thing happened to us. My husband is the veteran. I re-applied for the military credit and it was added to my re-fared booking. Same booking number and still under my husband’s name. It happened within a day or two. We don’t have a PCC. I do all bookings myself. Maybe re-apply? It shouldn’t be a problem. 

My husband used to receive $250. OBC for a 14+ day cruise. Now it looks like it is only $100. no matter the length of the cruise.

50 minutes ago, LewiLewi said:

My husband used to receive $250. OBC for a 14+ day cruise. Now it looks like it is only $100. no matter the length of the cruise.

The $100 credit is a Military credit.  I believe the $250 is on 14+ day cruises and for owning 100 shares of Carnival stock.

Helen

1 hour ago, LewiLewi said:

Perhaps you are thinking of Princess.  Princess gives $250OBC to military for 14plus days.  Or, perhaps as the other poster mentioned shareholder credit.

1 hour ago, LewiLewi said:

19 minutes ago, HELENPSL said:

The $100 credit is a Military credit.  I believe the $250 is on 14+ day cruises and for owning 100 shares of Carnival stock.

Helen

This is the first time HAL has given a military credit. For some years Princess has given a military OBC in the same amounts as the CCL Stock credits. Maybe @LewiLewiis remembering Princess?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, richwmn said:

This is the first time HAL has given a military credit. For some years Princess has given a military OBC in the same amounts as the CCL Stock credits. Maybe @LewiLewiis remembering Princess?

You are correct, but it was Cunard that gave us the $250. Military credit, not HAL.

2 hours ago, dmcfad2 said:

I did try to re-submit it, but haven’t heard anything in 2 weeks. It seems that there should have some response as you heard back in a couple of days. Any suggestions on who to contact and how (phone #s, email, etc.) would be appreciated.

4 hours ago, cruisetravlr said:

I did try to re-submit it, but haven’t heard anything in 2 weeks. It seems that there should have some response as you heard back in a couple of days. Any suggestions on who to contact and how (phone #s, email, etc.) would be appreciated.

I filled out the form again and re-submitted it that way. Here’s a link to the form I used. Hope this works for you! 
https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals/sandiego-military-appreciation-offer.html

Edited by dmcfad2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dmcfad2 said:

I filled out the form again and re-submitted it that way. Here’s a link to the form I used. Hope this works for you! 
https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals/sandiego-military-appreciation-offer.html

Thank you. That is same same link that our PCC provided.  Guess I’ll try again.  🤞🏻

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruisetravlr said:

Thank you. That is same same link that our PCC provided.  Guess I’ll try again.  🤞🏻

If you're a veteran too, you both should be able to get the obc- yes?