Iona Vaccination Policy

hansi

Just now, hansi said:

Are P&O still asking for an observed LFT test 3 days prior to departure? Do they send you notifications by email if you have a cruise booked?

Depends where you are going. You should have an email detailing what you need.

They will email nearer the time with a link to what is required.

currently for those calls it is a non observed home test the day before.

plus Health dec. from 3 days before.- reminder email should come.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hansi said:

Going on Iona in October Spain and Portugal. Haven't had anything about vaccination policy from P&O.

At the moment you just have to declare that you've had a negative covid test in the previous 72 hours. But does depend on the policies of countries being visited.

20 hours ago, hansi said:

Are P&O still asking for an observed LFT test 3 days prior to departure? Do they send you notifications by email if you have a cruise booked?

No need for an observed test. You can look up latest information re testing and vaccination on the website. https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail

"currently for those calls it is a non observed home test the day before."  Nope!

"At the moment you just have to declare that you've had a negative covid test in the previous 72 hours." Nope!

Sorry to be the pedant again, but although the manner of testing info is correct, it is currently 2 days before embarkation - I should know as I am leaving on a P&O cruise on Saturday!

Edited by bbtablet

16 hours ago, bbtablet said:

"currently for those calls it is a non observed home test the day before."  Nope!

"At the moment you just have to declare that you've had a negative covid test in the previous 72 hours." Nope!

Sorry to be the pedant again, but although the manner of testing info is correct, it is currently 2 days before embarkation - I should know as I am leaving on a P&O cruise on Saturday!

Yes, had brainfart it's 48hrs. Some other cruise lines have 72hrs?

Anyway, it's a moot point as there are no checks anyway. I'm sure that everyone who had a car sick child on the way to the port, or had a dodgy kebab a couple of days before the cruise also declares it on the health questionnaire? 

It's just the cruise companies covering their backs, so they could say they have covid and norovirus protocols in place.

• Like 1