Question about Coco Cay with kids

Swa1981

I will be cruising in October with our 5 and 6 year olds.  Are there enough other activities/pools/beaches that are not an additional charge at Coco Cay to keep that age entertained for the day?  I would prefer not to buy tickets for the waterpark.  Thanks in advance!

6 minutes ago, Swa1981 said:

I will be cruising in October with our 5 and 6 year olds.  Are there enough other activities/pools/beaches that are not an additional charge at Coco Cay to keep that age entertained for the day?  I would prefer not to buy tickets for the waterpark.  Thanks in advance!

Yes, in addition to the main pool (which is enormous) and tons of beach, there is a free water play area with small slides and whatnot, similar to the kids pool area onboard the ship.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Swa1981 said:

Check out the map on Royal's website.  You can see Splashaway Bay and Capt Jill's Galleon.  Both are waterpark type areas, free of charge for younger kids.  Scroll down on the link for the full map.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cococay-cruises

• Like 2

We've been there probably 6 times since its opened with our son (and once now with our toddler) and have never paid a dime for anything. Our next trip is the first time we will pay for a beach bed. Go and have fun! There is tons to do there. 

For the age of your kids, I would not pay for the water park. Some slides have height restrictions, so you won’t get the full value. I’m glad my kids are older and can go on the slides without me (I hate enclosed tubes). We brought our own snorkeling gear, but the water was cloudy and couldn’t see much.