EZAir experiences

Nancy R

47 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Yes we had insurance on both voyages however the first voyage was not interrupted by the family members death. Had we booked departure airfare under one voyage and return under the second the return cost would have been covered on the second voyage insurance. 

I didn’t complicate the description above by including the fact the first voyage was also interrupted by a typhoon and we ended up disembarking in Cairnes instead of Brisbane and the much smaller expenses related to that were easily covered under the first voyage insurance. 

The whole trip was most frustrating and of course the loss of my MiL was shocking and painful especially for my DW. 

I see.  We do book ours as separate b2b’s.  So, that is great information for  those who book as a single voyage.

I’m so sorry for your loss.  It must have been such a hard time for you two.

Also, insurance not covering this interruption, is not really fair.

49 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

I should also include that if you book back to back voyages, such as two 7 day voyages, as a single 14 day booking then the point I’m making is moot. But if you have two different voyage bookings be careful how you book airfare if you want to be better covered in the event of an interruption. This is especially true if you have a large airfare cost such as trips down under or other places that tens to be costly to get to. 

Yes, especially if you have to buy a one way ticket to get home!  

EZAir couldn’t do anything to help you rebook your flight to get home?  

17 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, especially if you have to buy a one way ticket to get home!  

EZAir couldn’t do anything to help you rebook your flight to get home?  

I believe the one way cost us more than the original booking had cost. 

Unfortunately no. The time zone didn’t help matters (seemed like it was 15 hr difference) and it was a Sunday to make things worse. Princess 800 number did answer while in the Wellington airport but by that time we already had booked and they said they couldn’t help anyway. 

In a situation like this you’re basically on your own to make arrangements to get home. Don’t think  your travel agent could help given the timing. 

Ship staff gave us help arranging disembarkation in Wellington on short notice and gave us free in cabin phone usage to try to get help from Princess etc. It took something like 30 hours to get to New Orleans. 

DW wants to someday return and finish the NZ visit but not sure I do. 

Edited by gottagocit

2 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

I believe the one way cost us more than the original booking had cost. 

Unfortunately no. The time zone didn’t help matters (seemed like it was 15 hr difference) and it was a Sunday to make things worse. Princess 800 number did answer while in the Wellington airport but by that time we already had booked and they said they couldn’t help anyway. 

Ship staff gave us help arranging disembarkation in Wellington on short notice and gave us free in cabin phone usage to try to get help from Princess etc. It took something like 30 hours to get to New Orleans. 

DW wants to someday return and finish the NZ visit but not sure I do. 

So sorry this happened.  The only suggestion I would have for someone in your predicament, if EZ Air couldn’t help, I would ask the airline for a bereavement fare, if they have one.  From Wellington, not a lot of choices though.

Take care.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gottagocit said:

.... the limit of your Princess protection coverage (and therefore you reimbursement limit) includes the cost of the airfare IF booked with easy air for the cruise. ...

So if you book your own air then you need insurance for that or to use your charge card & that card's insurance?? GTK

the last thing I want when on a trip is a dramatic event back home and then be left alone to sort it out 

Edited by Ombud

49 minutes ago, Ombud said:

So if you book your own air then you need insurance for that or to use your charge card & that card's insurance?? GTK

the last thing I want when on a trip is a dramatic event back home and then be left alone to sort it out 

Pretty much or you do have the option of paying more for the flights to get refundable or changeable tickets. Depending on the route sometimes that’s not too much more but other times it is. Also some airlines is still offer this for all their long haul flights but not sure which ones.