Celebrity Eclipse Vancouver Sunday Morning Breakfast Pre Departure

Plato123

We were on the Eclipse on the August 21 Sunday departure and were staying in a downtown hotel. We wanted a breakfast before the cruise and did not want to pay ridiculous hotel prices so we checked out a restaurant that was a ten minute walk from Canada Place and open for breakfast at 7:30AM.

The place is called Joyeaux Cafe and is at 551 Howe.  They have a website if you want more info.

They serve western breakfasts but it is really a Vietnamese restaurant and has the full Vietnamese menu available all day, so we each opted for grilled pork bahn mi served with lots of fresh fruit and shared a mango and basil salad roll. I also had an excellent americano coffee.  The bill was $24 CAD total plus tax.

I originally posted this on the Celebrity Forum but it was suggested to move it here.  I should note that this place is open all week but many non hotel restaurants that cater to weekday businesses are not open on Sunday.  This one is, and early too.

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2022 at 8:01 AM, Plato123 said:

We were on the Eclipse on the August 21 Sunday departure and were staying in a downtown hotel. We wanted a breakfast before the cruise and did not want to pay ridiculous hotel prices so we checked out a restaurant that was a ten minute walk from Canada Place and open for breakfast at 7:30AM.

The place is called Joyeaux Cafe and is at 551 Howe.  They have a website if you want more info.

They serve western breakfasts but it is really a Vietnamese restaurant and has the full Vietnamese menu available all day, so we each opted for grilled pork bahn mi served with lots of fresh fruit and shared a mango and basil salad roll. I also had an excellent americano coffee.  The bill was $24 CAD total plus tax.

I originally posted this on the Celebrity Forum but it was suggested to move it here.  I should note that this place is open all week but many non hotel restaurants that cater to weekday businesses are not open on Sunday.  This one is, and early too.

They are good and a favorite with locals especially for lunch.   

In Asian countries most of the lunch type dishes are fair game to see in a breakfast service.  So that part makes it a bit more authentic.    

• Like 1

12 hours ago, em-sk said:

In Asian countries most of the lunch type dishes are fair game to see in a breakfast service.  So that part makes it a bit more authentic.    

Dim Sum morning, noon, or night.  Always appropriate regardless of the time of the meal.