Sending box of toiletries, etc. ahead to ship?

janmcn

Yes. for my world cruise, I packed a box of such items and sent them with the luggage service that HAL provided.  My drug store Manager thought I was "nuts" when I told them I wanted XX numbers of boxes of eye drops. toothpaste, and deodorants that I needed for the length of time I would be gone.  (They were over the counter.)  Got them without a problem.  

Yes, saw that and that’s what I thought. When we did a WC it was no problem since I knew the extra bag of” consumables “ would be ( and correctly assumed) with items from the cruise…needed a whole bag just for what the ship gave us over that cruise!

17 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Yes. for my world cruise, I packed a box of such items and sent them with the luggage service that HAL provided.  My drug store Manager thought I was "nuts" when I told them I wanted XX numbers of boxes of eye drops. toothpaste, and deodorants that I needed for the length of time I would be gone.  (They were over the counter.)  Got them without a problem.  

Is there a particular service through HAL for send ahead luggage?  Would you point me towards the details to access it?  Thank you

• Like 1

6 hours ago, manteonc said:

Is there a particular service through HAL for send ahead luggage?  Would you point me towards the details to access it?  Thank you

There was a particular service that HAL used.  The company went out of business during my cruise and my luggage was returned by a different company.  HAL will be a better source of information for such a service than I can provide.  It may well change from cruise to cruise.  

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 3:20 PM, janmcn said:
On 9/1/2022 at 3:20 PM, janmcn said:

I know we can send luggage ahead, but I’d like to send a box of “stuff” (Consumables) ahead for a 71-Day cruise.  Please advise IF YOU HAVE DONE IT.

Thanks🛳👍

I was told no food items were permitted.  

Also, I would think liquids will pose a problem on flights.

Some posts here have suggested that the shipping company might not allow liquids, but you can ask when you’re setting it up. If you have to take full sizes on the plane they’ll need to be in a checked bag.

From posts in other forums, you might want to use a suitcase instead of a box, if you have an extra one, so that you can use it for purchases, unless you never shop when traveling.

DISCLAIMER: I do not meet your stated requirement of having done this myself, so feel free to ignore this reply, or report it if you must.

We were trying to avoid another suitcase because we do not buy souvenirs, etc. at our age…we’re getting rid of things! And…the two of us cannot handle 2 suitcases with 2 carryons. For a 71-day cruise we need medical “stuff” that is consumed during the cruise. One carryon has only a machine I use for lymphedema. Perhaps we’ll get an extra suitcase to send then leave it for the crew. Someone can use it. Thank you all!👍🛳

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kochleffel said:

you might want to use a suitcase instead of a box, i

As my world cruise came to an end, I discovered that all of the stuff that I had collected would not fit in the suitcases that I had along with the clothes that needed to come home.  The Amsterdam's gift shop sold some nice HAL collapsible bags at a reasonable price.  That bag saved the day.  (In some ports that may have good prices on luggage, i.e. Hong Kong), some will buy another piece of luggage for that reason in anticipation of disembarkation packing.)  

• Like 1