Nieuw Statendam extended verandahs

CRu1853!!

We had one on the Koningsdam last week (4016), and it was spacious and perfect for watching whales.

The only downside was that people above can see you. On the second morning of our trip I was outside watching for whales at 6AM and someone above me struck up a conversation unexpectedly (and scared the bejeebus out of me 😆. We had a great conversation, but it was a bit weird to feel watched.

• Like 1

We have been in a cabin in that area a few times.  We really liked it.  If you want to be unseen while sitting, just pull your chair back towards the cabin.  If you want to be out in the sun, pull it forward.  We never had any issues with noise.  

• Like 1

Happy to hear the positive comments. We have an extended veranda on deck 4 of NS coming up for our 1st HAL cruise. Hoping for good weather and having a sun and shade option on the balcony. I have had a couple cruises with other family since the restart but this will be the first cruise back for DW and really want her to enjoy it.

From original poster:

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I am looking to book one of the extended verandahs in the aft portion on deck four. Does anyone actually know what the grey area is in the middle or have experience in that area with noise levels?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, CRu1853!! said:

From original poster:

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I am looking to book one of the extended verandahs in the aft portion on deck four. Does anyone actually know what the grey area is in the middle or have experience in that area with noise levels?

Thanks

Are you talking about the grey area between #4154 and #4156?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CRu1853!! said:

No I was looking at the area that runs right down the middle of the inside cabins starting at the aft elevators.

Thanks

As far as we saw, this was all crew area. On the bow end, there is a crew stairwell (may be one in the back), and a bunch of storage for cleaning and stocking rooms.

There was quite a bit of noise over the World Stage (rooms around the low 4000s) after noon and before 11PM or so, but this never affected us as we were usually at those shows. The stern has the dining room below, so noise levels would be minimal. 

• Like 1