Scheduled Covid boosters at CVS today

Squawkman

FYI - When announcements were made about availability of the new Covid booster yesterday, I checked CVS and was told they weren’t ready. About an hour ago (1pm), I tried again and was able to make appointments for both us with choices for several times today. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Squawkman said:

FYI - When announcements were made about availability of the new Covid booster yesterday, I checked CVS and was told they weren’t ready. About an hour ago (1pm), I tried again and was able to make appointments for both us with choices for several times today. 

Got our 5th dose today. Moderna Bivalent. They had to give us a second CDC card!. It is already stocked and available at Costco and Wal Mart. Walgreens will have it next week. CVS here doesn't know when it will be available. 

• Like 3

trying to decide if we get in now we will be eligible for a second one in time for winter travels when I will want optimum coverage.  Want to be able to toast 2023 on the Ice of Antarctica!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We are getting our Bivalent booster tomorrow! We leave for our first cruise to the Iconic Western Mediterranean 4 weeks later with a pre and a post with Viking. We are so excited! It will be our 4 cruise with Viking since the restart. Our second since the end of daily test. Mixed feelings about that, but we will be as careful as possible and just deal with whatever happens. So glad to see people getting the boosters! Enjoy your travels!

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 9:10 AM, deec said:

trying to decide if we get in now we will be eligible for a second one in time for winter travels when I will want optimum coverage.  Want to be able to toast 2023 on the Ice of Antarctica!!!

Hi Dee - we are in the same boat, so to speak!

We are thinking of waiting a little bit so to get maximum affect for our late Dec-early January cruise out of Ft Lauderdale, followed by a week seeing our friends in Naples, Florida.

Of course - who knows if there will be much to see in SW Florida even in January!

• Like 1