Trying to book cruise with Voyager Discount

loskinski

Hi there - I am in the process of trying to book a cruise and get my MSC Voyager discount added.  However, it is coming back with a card expired error. 

While I know that the card is set to expire on 3/4/23 and the cruise that I am trying to book occurs after that date.  However, I have another cruise that is booked that we will be sailing in just a few weeks.  So our card will be extended.  I am curious if others have ran into that problem. Any luck better calling in?  I really don't want to have to do a phone call.  

23 minutes ago, loskinski said:

Hi there - I am in the process of trying to book a cruise and get my MSC Voyager discount added.  However, it is coming back with a card expired error. 

While I know that the card is set to expire on 3/4/23 and the cruise that I am trying to book occurs after that date.  However, I have another cruise that is booked that we will be sailing in just a few weeks.  So our card will be extended.  I am curious if others have ran into that problem. Any luck better calling in?  I really don't want to have to do a phone call.  

You mean your credit card?   If so then yes you need to use a credit card with an expiration date that is after the cruise date. 

After rereading I’m thinking you mean your VC membership. 
You can call and book with a rep that may help. 

Edited by styles27

We also tried to book a cruise after expiration of VC membership.

This was before MSC , thankfully, extended memberships 1 year. 
Unfortunately, VC points do not post until cruise is completed. 
So MSC has no way of knowing if you will complete your cruise      ( for now)

Since your cruise is in a few weeks, I wonder if you book new cruise now , without VC, and then apply your  VC number to that cruise after your points and membership get updated?
I guess that would still require a call, 😩
Just a thought…..

Edited by phissy
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Is there an expiration date for VC?  We were suppose to go on MSC in April but it was cancelled.  Got our VC numbers.

Normally, it's 3 years from the day that you disembark from your last MSC cruise. Due to the pandemic, MSC extended some people an extra year....

MSC VOYAGERS CLUB MEMBERSHIP EXTENDED

One extra year of privilege and benefits! During these difficult times and the unfortunate events the world is experiencing, we want to show our Voyagers Club members our
appreciation. We feel honored you want to travel the world with so we're extending memberships. 

For this reason, your Voyagers Club memberships will be extended, with the same current point balance and status:

• If the card expire date is set to expire between January 1 and December 31, 2020: the validity will be automatically extended to December 31, 2021;
• If the card expire date is set to expire after January 1, 2021: the validity will be automatically extended to one extra year.” 

...but how it works out depends on the individual. 

23 hours ago, loskinski said:

I am curious if others have ran into that problem. Any luck better calling in?

Sometimes, the system will not allow you to apply the VC number if the cruise is after the VC expiration date. However, the discount can be applied as long as your VC number is current. In other words, if your VC number is set to expire Nov. 2022 but you want to book a cruise today for Dec. 2022, the system might act up but if you call, the discount can be applied

• Like 1