Carnival Luminosa Sept 14, 2023 Transpacific Seattle to Brisbane

3 hours ago, Rick1951 said:

Has anyone noticed they changed Nagasaki to Naha, Okinawa?

Yes they did change Nagasaki to Naha.  I received an email a few weeks ago.  Also check the itinerary .  Shows Naha.  This the 9/14 roll call.

Joan

On 1/23/2023 at 12:01 AM, ehyup71 said:

Hello Everyone!  Our family has booked two cabins for this journey.  One is my parents (F-72 / M-75) and the other is for myself and my adult son (F-51 / M-27).  My son and I are both incredibly excited for this trip, and even better that my parent will also be on board.  Epic family vacation!! 🙂  

My son and I especially, love to cruise! We love port days and seeing the sights, but we also love just hanging out on board the ship. We both are big fans of strategic board games, so on sea days you will be sure to find us at a table somewhere on the Lido with our large, complicated looking board games spread out on a table😂

Longest cruise to date for us has been a 16-day Hawaiian Journeys cruise on the Carnival Legend.  Mom and Dads longest cruise to date was a 21-day Panama Canal cruise with HAL.

Can't wait to add this to the ledger!!! 🤩

Hi, Marsha:  What strategic games do you play?  I play Rumikub, sequence and some card games.  I’ll look for you and your son on the  Lido deck.

On 2/8/2023 at 6:35 PM, deentonyo said:

Hi everyone, so super excited for this cruise 😁 Tony and Denise here from Rhode Island. Yes, two ppl from the smallest state going on such an epic cruise. 

Hoping we can tag team w a couple of other peeps and not get too lost lmao. So far we have arranged a tour for Tokyo and it’s for six ppl, so four spots remain. I would pay in advance and collect from you once onboard. This one is $100 USD per person and it spells out like this…

“Visiting today's most charming spots of Tokyo, feel the beat of this attractive city, guided by your experienced private guide. Through Tokyo's meticulously organized train/subway system we will cover not only the hot spots like Harajuku, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Asakusa or Akihabara but also any spot you would like to see.

We can tailor arrange our visiting spots according to your group's specific interest. If you have any other specific spot of interest than the listed spots, that will be added or substituted.
Note: Sumo training house visit is not a part of this tour.

As Tokyo is such a big city, it takes 2. 5 days to cover major tourism spots. Please select 4 to 5 spots for a day. We use public transportation and walk 2 to 3 ml(4 to 6 km) depending on the selected course.”

since we get to choose four spots, each couple would choose one they like to see ❤️ please notate that it takes public transport, so please be willing to do that and all that that may entail 😊 Also, it was specified that the public transport would be our individual cost, I think it’s quite minimal. They suggested $20 USD for subway and lunch costs.

EEEK, Can Not Wait. 

I’m gonna look for a group tour for the underground cave systems in Puerto Princesa also, if anyone wants to tag along

Tony and Denise, I'm not sure if all 6 slots are filled yet or not, but my wife and I would love to go on that tour, and most likely any of the others you are planning.  My email is jmiller981<at>aol<dot>com.

Thanks,

John and Wanda

• 2 weeks later...

My wife, Roseann, is in a wheelchair but can get on and off a bus. Is anyone going on an easy tour that we might join? We'll buy lunch... (maybe not for everyone except on the ship). BTW, we were on this ship in April from Brisban to Seatle. They have LOTS of comedians and trade them off throughout the cruise.  The stage shows are very good too, and rarely full.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, We are Paul and Debi and will be joining you on this cruise.  We met 30+ years ago when we both worked on cruise ships.  Being a passenger is always more fun!  Someone commented about no formal nights, white nights, etc., where can I find this info?  Thx

Susie and Bobby (smq123) John and Donna Lucyloo

Looks like the six of us will be enjoying Tokyo as a group of friends 😁 please email me @ Deentonyo@aol.com so we can discuss the stops you each would personally like to visit and we can get the tour operator onboard (not literally) and updated.

then once the tour is highlighted I will give you a sample itinerary for your approval and we can meet on one of the first sea days 

Excited 😊 

• Like 1

Did everyone get the email about covid testing from Carnival? We are not sure how to read this. It impies that you can take your own at home test the day before, but how do you show them a negative readout? Do you bring the test itself to show them? Unless I am reading this wrong, that seems like the only way.

On 7/7/2023 at 1:26 PM, Smq123 said:

Did everyone get the email about covid testing from Carnival? We are not sure how to read this. It impies that you can take your own at home test the day before, but how do you show them a negative readout? Do you bring the test itself to show them? Unless I am reading this wrong, that seems like the only way.

Take a photo of the results along with your DL in the same photo. Our last cruise we had to do this- and no one ever asked to see it. We were asked if we had a negative COVID test- I said yes they never asked my husband.🤷‍♀️ 

Quick question,  we are flying in 13 Sept and booked a room at the Coast Getaway Hotel near the Seattle airport. Anyone ever stayed there before and can provide some review. On Expedia, they have a 9.2 rating which is very good. Thanks for any feedback. 

FYI, we will be doing Uber to the pier the next morning. 

Jay

I know a few of you are doing b2b2b. Luminosa out of Brisbane to New Caledonia on October 22 is requiring travel insurance. I was planning on trying to use my credit cards travel insurance as proof. What’s everyone else doing? I don’t typically buy travel insurance. 

On 5/5/2023 at 2:03 PM, deentonyo said:

Nice to meet you Susie and Bobby!!! We go to Long Island all the time, so close... who would have thought 🙂 Im expecting to enjoy this excursion so much. Your welcome to enjoy it with us as well. We can all six meet onboard at a predetermined time and choose what we would like to see of all the magical places they go.  

I would like to join this tour if still available  barcelonakidjohn

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 5:50 PM, Eliot Ness said:

We just got back from the 22 day Brisbane to Seattle cruise on the Luminosa and just booked this 30 day adventure.  We're excited to see Alaska, Japan and all the other ports.  Hopefully we can link up with table-mates Allen and Rose from the 22 day cruise we just took.

John

I am on this cruise also barcelonakidjohn

On 2/21/2023 at 11:17 PM, Lucyloo said:

John and Donna from Brisbane, if there if still two spots left on the Tokyo tour, we would be happy to join in.

any spots left  I am john from orlando  barcelonakidjohn   email is montetrailblazer@ gmail.com  I cruise often  solo

Hi John,

we are really excited about this excursion. We don’t have anything specific that we want to see. I’ll defer to our tour guide for recommendations. I’d like to shop to pick up some gifts.

If you have any other excursions that need 2 more people we would love to join. 

Thank you so much for organizing this!

Susie

10 minutes ago, Smq123 said:

Hi John,

we are really excited about this excursion. We don’t have anything specific that we want to see. I’ll defer to our tour guide for recommendations. I’d like to shop to pick up some gifts.

Susie

5 hours ago, Buchana3 said:

I just booked this .. I did an inside cabin.. hope tthat wasn't a mistake.  Was thinking about doing the Barrier Reef afterwards..  Look forward to meeting you all.    // Dallas, TX ; WV

Several of us are B2B. You are welcome to join us. Right everyone?

On 7/25/2023 at 7:35 PM, Smq123 said:

Hi John,

Susie

We would love to go too (+2)  Susan and Doug